Home / Forums / News/Current Events / 4 New CD's Announced - Become a Pointer! the Openi...
Thread Posts
25 May 2012 01:58 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
Four new CDs have been announced and will be released in Japan over the next couple months. Become a Pointer! (やじるしになって!) is the new opening theme for Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Season 2 (ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2) which debuts on June 21st, 2012. The song is sung by Rica Matsumoto (松本梨香), the CD catalog number is ZMCP-6093 and it will be released on July 18th, 2012 for 1365yen. The CD contains 5 tracks including the 3rd unique ending theme from Best Wishes Seven-colored Arch (七色アーチ) but also the final ending theme from Diamond and Pearl In Your Heart (君の胸にLaLaLa) which had yet to be released on CD until now.

Also announced was the Nintendo DS Pokémon Black 2 White 2 Super Music Complete (ニンテンドーDS ポケモンブラック2・ホワイト2 スーパーミュージックコンプリート) CD. The CD will contain game background music from the newest games as well as unreleased tracks from from Black and White, Emerald and Platinum. The 4 disc set will contain 174 tracks and will be released in Japan on July 25th, 2012 for 2,625yen.

The Theatrical Edition Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Feature 'Kyurem VS the Sacred Swordsman Keldeo' and Short 'Meloetta's Sparkling Recital' Music Collection (劇場版ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ 長編「 キュレムVS聖剣士 ケルディオ 」&短編「 メロエッタのキラキラリサイタル 」 ミュージックコレクション) CD was also announced and will feature instrumental music from this years anime movie. Once again Shinji Miyazaki (宮崎慎二) and Akifumi Tada (多田彰文) have composed the music for the movie. Not much information has been released about the CD's as that is normal to reduce movie spoilers. The CD's catalog number is ZMCP-6094 and it will be released on August 3rd, 2012 for 2,940yen.

Finally, Aki Okui (奥井亜紀) is releasing a new CD that contains the first ending theme for Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Fanfare of the Heart (NEW Arrange ver.). The CD is called OPENER, its catalog number is ZMCZ-8042, it contains 12 tracks which are mainly other anime themes she has sung, and it will be released on July 25th, 2012 for 2,940 yen.

The CDs have been added to our database and information about them will be updated as it becomes available.

Sources: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2012/05/120525_gd01.html and http://www.neowing.co.jp/
25 May 2012 03:54 PM
Yay! I can't wait to get the new opening theme's CD and the soundtrack for the next movie. I was wondering how long it would take before there was a new opening theme.
25 May 2012 08:04 PM
Sunain Administrator
I'm glad that Kimi no mune ni La La La is finally getting a CD release after all this time. I guess they just needed a CD to put it on as there really hasn't been that many CD releases lately that they could actually put it on. Looking forward to that CD for sure!
26 May 2012 12:49 PM
Wow... that's a lot of CDs at once for a series that doesn't have that many CDs to being with (I mean, compared to other series which got a CD for each new opening/ending song, and one, even two, soundtrack CD).

'Become a pointer'... what kind of title is that ? :p
Still, I'm reaaaaaly glad Rica's singing it again. Her opening songs are definitely my favorite in the series. I wonder what the opening will consist of... will they continue what they did with the first one? Like, having new Pokémon revealed each week in the opening sequence ? I really liked that concept.

And it's really cool we're getting the 3rd ending on a CD :), as well as that final DP ending song.

Cool for the movie soundtrack CD. I'm usually quite fond of Miyazaki's work for the series and movies.

And I'm quite looking foward to listening to BW's first ending new version :)
26 May 2012 10:34 PM
Adamant Administrator
Quote From: Chance

'Become a pointer'... what kind of title is that ? :p

It's "pointer" as in "symbol pointing in a direction" (やじるし literally means "arrow symbol"), so it's presumably intended to be taken as "point yourself towards the direction you want your future to take".