Home / Forums / News/Current Events / PocketMonsters.net Updates
Thread Posts
17 Feb 2015 09:00 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
After 10 years or so of running PocketMonsters.net, I have decided that its time to end. Various circumstances have lead to this decision but for the time being, the site will remain available and the content will still be accessible but there will be no further updates.

I want to thank all the staff, many who have come and gone over the years, the visitors and fans of the site. I hope you've enjoyed visiting the site.
19 Feb 2015 04:54 AM
This comes as a shock. Can we have a reason why?
19 Feb 2015 01:56 PM
Sunain Administrator
Most the staff have left the site and have moved on to other things, AKA have got old, have full time jobs and families to take care of.

I'm basically the only person working on the site these days, 90% of the website work in all areas of the site is being done by myself and I just can't sustain that anymore as I also have my own obligations. Adamant helps with some of the articles but he's basically the only other active person on the website.

A lot of our content and other works are also being stolen and repurposed on other sites without attribution or links to us so that makes it a struggle to bother updating knowing its just going to be copied. We just can't compete with other sites when they are doing this.

I've tried to get more people/staff to help out with the site but no one wants to. The lack of feedback and user activity for many years on the site is also an indication that its time.
Last edited 19 Feb 2015 01:57 PM by Sunain
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net