Home / Forums / News/Current Events / August issue of Corocoro Comic leaks, reveals Mimi...
Thread Posts
12 Jul 2016 03:12 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
Pages from the August issue of Corocoro Comic have leaked, revealing two new Pokemon. Translations follow:

thumbnail

We have obtained super awesome information on the new Pokémon games. Incredibly, despite being a set of southern islands, the Alola Region has true horrors to it!?

A Corocoro-exclusive scoop:

The first reveal of Pokémon that would be really scary if they were real...

There are lots of unidentified Pokémon in the Alola Region, where the new adventure is set. And some of them are scary!?

Iwanko: There are lots of unidentified Pokémon in the Alola Region!! This is the Pokémon Corocoro wants you to pay the most attention to!

Mimicyu
Species: False Colors Pokémon
Type: Ghost/Fairy
Height: 0.2m
Weight: 0.7 kg
Ability: False Colors

The Pikachu in the Alola region look weird? No, this is actually a yet-to-be-identified Pokémon!

It lurks in the darkness
It hates sunlight and prefers dark places. Rumor has it that the reason it always wears a cloth is to protect itself from the sun.

And when you look underneath...
It's said that all those who have looked at its true form beneath the cloth are now suffering from a mysterious disease.

And the reason it takes after Pikachu...!?
It has to do with Pikachu merchandise being all the rage 20 years ago!?
It appears it wants to befriend people just like Pikachu did...

Iwanko's "wan" bit of commentary: Woof! ("Scary! It looks like Pikachu's eyes and mouth, but apparently they're actually just drawn on.")

Kiteruguma
Species: Strong Arm Pokémon
Type: Normal/Fighting
Height: 2.1m
Weight: 135.0 kg
Ability: Fluffy/Klutz

It will come hug its Trainer, but its physical strength is superhuman. It seems raising one is a danger to your own life...

Its back muscles have the strength of one ton. When using both arms it can break absolutely anything in two.

It looks cute, but is really scary
They are considered a danger in the Alola Region as well, to the point of signs warning against them being set up.

Iwanko's "wan" bit of commentary: Woof! ("Apparently they're also known as "The Fighting Kings of the Forest". These guys look strong...!!")

Source: Corocoro Comic, August 2016 issue
13 Jul 2016 03:23 AM
_melee_ Administrator
I really like the concept behind Mimicyu. Yeah the design is silly, but that's the whole point, and it makes so much sense with its backstory. I think it works brilliantly as a ghost pokemon.

I'm not very fond of Kiteruguma, though. I feel like they could have made something much cooler with a red panda. But I suppose it's not completely terrible. Maybe it will grow on me over time.
13 Jul 2016 11:14 AM
Sunain Administrator
I'm thinking Mimicyu might be a very popular Pokemon for Halloween at the Pokemon Centers in Japan. I can see them doing a lot of merchandise and tie ins with this one.

Kiteruguma reminds me too much of Pedobear to take it seriously as a new Pokemon.

Last edited 13 Jul 2016 11:19 AM by Sunain
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net