Home / Forums / News/Current Events / TOMY - Pokémon Z-Ring and Z-Crystal 3-Packs
Thread Posts
03 Aug 2016 01:58 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
Various retailers have begun pre-orders for the Pokémon Z-Ring and Z-Crystal 3-Pack. The items are compatible with the upcoming games Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon and are being sold by TOMY. Pre-orders for the Z-Ring on Ebgames Canada are $39.99CND for the Z-Ring and $7.99CND for each 3-pack of Z-Crystals.

zringzring

Pokémon Z-Ring

Experience the world of Pokémon in a new way with the unique POKÉMON Z-RING and Z-CRYSTALS! Compatible with the latest video game titles in the POKÉMON series for Nintendo 3DS Family Systems: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the Z-RING can interact and synchronize to enhance the game play experience with new Z-MOVES! In Nintendo 3DS/2DS Mode, Z-CRYSTALS are used in the Z-RING to react simultaneously to the devastating Z-MOVES in the video game with sounds, lights and vibrations! Each Z-CRYSTAL represents a different element type. When an Electric-type Z-CRYSTAL is inserted into the Z-RING, this exciting interactive feature enables players to feel the Electric-type Z-MOVE at the same time as it appears in the video game! Insert different type Z-CRYSTALS into the Z-RING to experience the colors, vibration and sound effects for each.

The POKÉMON Z-RING can be used without the video game in Role-Play mode! Bring the battle play to life by pressing the button on the Z-RING to experience the different colors, lights and vibration with each Z-CRYSTAL! The Z-RING can hold up to six additional Z-CRYSTALS with the active Z-CRYSTAL in place.

The POKÉMON Z-RING SET includes the Z-RING, 3 Z-CRYSTALS and a 2” Pikachu figure. Additional Z-CRYSTALS sold separately.

• Feel the thrill of battle as the POKÉMON Z-RING lights up, makes sounds, and vibrates!
  • The type based attack icons on each Z-CRYSTAL become visible as they light up when inserted into Z-RING.
  • When synchronized in Nintendo 3DS/2DS Mode and with the Z-CRYSTAL element type matching the Z-MOVE type performed in the video game, the type based attack icon will appear automatically and players will be able to hear the dedicated type attack sound.
  • Z-RING features two ways to play: synchronized with the video game for 4D experience or in role play.
  • Video game synchronization allows the player to feel the full power of the Z-MOVE!
  • Get different Z-CRYSTALS to unlock different colors, sounds and vibrations.
  • Two AAA batteries are required and included with the set.v

Pokémon Z-Crystal 3-Pack

You can utilize other type Z-MOVE lights, sounds and vibrations on the POKÉMON Z-RING with the POKÉMON Z-CRYSTAL 3-Pack! Pair the Z-RING and the Z-CRYSTALS to the latest video game titles in the POKÉMON series for Nintendo 3DS Family Systems: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon to experience the devastating new Z-MOVES. For an Electric-type Z-MOVE in the video game, place the Electrium Z into the Z-RING to see the Electric-type icon vibrantly appear as the Z-CRYSTAL lights up! Each Z-CRYSTAL has a different element attack and features its own color, sound and vibration. Get all of the Z-CRYSTALS to experience each type with the game or in role play!

***POKÉMON Z-RING and additional Z-CRYSTALS sold separately.***

• Each POKÉMON Z-CRYSTAL 3-PACK comes with 3 different Z-CRYSTALS.
  • Z-CRYSTALS are linked to specific Z-MOVES in the POKÉMON series for Nintendo 3DS Family Systems: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.
  • Each Z-CRYSTAL activates different lights, sounds and vibrations on the POKÉMON Z-RING.
  • The type based attack icon associated with each Z-CRYSTAL is revealed when inserted into the Z-RING.

When synchronized in Nintendo 3DS/2DS Mode and with the Z-CRYSTAL element type matching the Z-MOVE type performed in the video game, the type based attack icon will appear automatically and players will be able to hear the dedicated type attack sound.

Source: https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/725021/pokemon-z-ring
03 Aug 2016 03:26 AM
Sunain Administrator
I managed to pre-order Pokemon Moon from Amazon.ca for $39.99 CND a week or two ago. This Z-Ring is literally the same price as the game. Then you have to buy more Z-Crystals. They are really trying to milk money out of this game. What happened to the Mega Ring used in Tretta? Why not make that compatible too?
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net
03 Aug 2016 08:34 AM
_melee_ Administrator
I'd be interested to see how well this sells. I don't really see the appeal in it, but I guess some people might find it fun. I agree with Sunain that it seems pretty pricey for something that's just a bunch of lights and vibrations, especially when you have to buy the different crystal types separately. I feel like they could have done something much more interesting with this accessory by giving it an actual use, like using it to get special items or pokemon outside the game (kind of like the pokewalkers from HG/SS). The way it is now, I can't really see it being very popular.