Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Movie 20 website Updates with Announcement of Titl...
Thread Posts
14 Dec 2016 10:30 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
The official Pokémon movie website has updated. Translations follow:

Announcing the Title and Premiere Date of the 2017 Pokémon Movie!

The Title and premiere date of the 2017 Pokémon movie have been announced!
The title is "Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You!"

It will premiere Saturday July 15th!
The very first teaser has been released! Check it out right now!

Source: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/news/?p=2474
15 Dec 2016 12:45 AM
Sunain Administrator
Teaser trailer looked great. I love the CGI/Anime style blend they've used. It's light years ahead of the terrible anime art style that Sun and Moon is using. I guess the movie team didn't want to replicate that art style for a feature film and probably couldn't figure out a story that would be a movie for Sun and Moon this year.

I'm thrilled that it seems like they've gone back to the original series. Hopefully Kasumi and Takeshi also are in the movie. This was such a great surprise. Was kind of dreading what they were going to do for a Sun and Moon movie. Maybe 2018 for that?
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net
15 Dec 2016 12:51 AM
_melee_ Administrator
I guess it's hard to tell what this is going to be like with what little has been revealed, but I am pretty interested to learn more about this movie. In 2016 there was a big push to recapture the attention of fans of the original games. Now it seems like this movie might be trying something similar for fans of the original anime series. I only hope it manages to meet expectations and doesn't end up being a disappointment.