27 Dec 2016 11:51 AM
Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Forum Posts: 2047
A new news article has been posted!
The second Global Mission for Pokémon Sun and Moon has been announced and is now available. Players need to catch or defeat 1 million Pokémon using Island Scan between December 27th, 2016 and January 9th, 2017 at 00:00 UTC. Players will receive 2,017 Festival Coins (in honor of the new year) if the goal is reach but if the goal isn’t reached, players will still get 217 Festival Coins. For participating players who have registered their Game Sync ID at the Pokémon Global Link, they will earn double the Festival Coins, 434 Festival Coins for participating or 4,034 Festival Coins for reaching the global goal!
Participate in the New “Find Pokémon Using Island Scan!” Global MissionThe “Find Pokémon Using Island Scan!” global mission is now active in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Find and then defeat or catch as many Pokémon as you can after using the Island Scan function in your game by January 9, 2017, at 00:00 UTC!
The Island Scan feature in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon helps you find rare Pokémon that you can’t usually locate in the Alola region. Before you can use this great tool to find rare Pokémon, you’ll need to earn 100 points by scanning QR Code patterns with the QR Scanner. Here’s what you need to know to get started.
You can find different types of QR Code patterns in various places, including:
• Alola Pokédex QR Code: These QR Code patterns are displayed in your Pokédex when you catch Pokémon. Scan these QR Code patterns from a friend’s game to earn 10 points for each scan.
• Special QR Code: These QR Code patterns are specially prepared for the QR Scanner. Each QR Code pattern contains information about a particular Pokémon. For example, those who have completed the main story in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon can now get the Mythical Pokémon Magearna via the QR Scanner. You’ll earn 20 points for each Special QR Code pattern scan.
Once you have earned at least 100 points in a single day by scanning QR Code patterns, Island Scan becomes available on the QR Scanner screen. Select Island Scan or press the X Button. Next, press the R Button or A Button to start scanning for a Pokémon that you won’t find elsewhere in Alola. When you pick up the trace of a nearby Pokémon, you’ll only have a short time to find it and catch it, so be ready. You can use this feature only once per day, so scan more QR Code patterns every day for the chance to encounter another of these Pokémon.
If everyone teams up to find 1 million Pokémon using Island Scan, you’ll get 2,017 Festival Coins (in honor of the new year). If the goal isn’t reached, you’ll still get 217 Festival Coins for participating. As a bonus, players who have registered their Game Sync ID at the Pokémon Global Link will earn double the Festival Coins—434 Festival Coins for participating or 4,034 Festival Coins for reaching the global goal!
Follow these steps to join the global mission:
1. Enter Festival Plaza in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon by selecting it in your in-game menu, which you’ll find by pressing the X Button.
2. Enter Festival Plaza’s central castle.
3. Speak to the global mission receptionist on the right and let her know you want to participate in the global mission.
4. Remember to return before the mission ends to sync your game to add to the global count! Once you are participating in the global mission, talk to the receptionist to have your progress sent to the server. Also, if you have registered your game to a PGL account, simply connecting to the Internet while in Festival Plaza will cause your game to sync automatically, which will send your progress to the server.
How to Check Your Progress Toward the Global GoalTalk to the receptionist to check on the overall progress toward the goal and to update your own progress as well. You can also check on the progress by visiting the home page of the Pokémon Global Link.
Good luck participating in the “Find Pokémon Using Island Scan!” global mission!
Here are five Special QR Code patterns for you to scan in your game to get started: Source: https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/48e2bb06-eb05-4a77-9044-6ebf157fff59