Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch release in "2018 o...
Thread Posts
27 Jul 2017 12:12 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
On June 26th, 2017, Nintendo announced their Earnings Release: Three Months Ended June 30, 2017. The Nintendo Switch is selling faster than Nintendo can produce the system and has sold 4.7 million units. The Nintendo Co., Ltd. Earnings Release for the Three-Month Period Ended June 2017 - Supplementary Information indicated that the previously announced Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch will be released in "2018 or later". With the development of a new engine for Switch, the game could take longer to develop and might not be released until 2019.

Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170726_2e.pdf
27 Jul 2017 08:19 AM
_melee_ Administrator
I actually kind of hope it doesn't come out till 2019. I would much rather they take the time to make the game the best it can be instead of just shovelling something out. Look at something like Zelda Breath of the Wild which experienced a lot of delays, but just about everybody agrees that it was worth waiting for. I wasn't much of a fan of the 3DS Pokemon games and I'm really hoping the move to Switch makes a big improvement.

Also, my favourite Pokemon games are Diamond and Pearl, and if Game Freak continues its pattern, it's pretty likely we'll get DP remakes on Switch. I really don't want them to mess those up, so I hope the new engine makes a really good platform for the return to Sinnoh.
27 Jul 2017 09:48 AM
Sunain Administrator
Yeah, hopefully the more development time helps the game like Breath of the Wild. I wouldn't mind them delaying till at least 2019 if its a good game.
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net