A new news article has been posted!
The Ultra Kalos Classic
online competition for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
has been announced on the Pokémon Global Link website. Full details are listed below and on our 7th Generation Online Competitions
page which will be updated as new tournaments are announced.
Ultra Kalos Classic
Registration Period: Thursday, April 19th, 2018 at 00:00 UTC through Thursday, April 26th, 2018 at 23:59 UTC
Tournament Period: Friday, April 27th, 2018 at 00:00 UTC through Sunday, April 29th, 2018 at 23:59 UTC
Ranking Results Announcement: May 2018
Player divisions: Junior Division: Born 2003 or later
Masters Division: Born 2002 or earlier
Junior Division players are limited to playing between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., based on the easternmost time zone in each player’s country.
Compatible Games: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon
Battle Type: Single Battle
Banned Pokémon: Eligible Pokémon are restricted to Pokémon found in the Kalos Pokédex. Regional variants of eligible Pokémon are prohibited. Mythical and some Legendary Pokémon cannot be used.
Entry Gift: Qualified participants will receive 50 Battle Points. Players must complete at least one battle to qualify.
|We’re going back to Kalos with the Ultra Kalos Classic Online Competition hosted at the PGL. Only Pokémon from the Kalos region will be allowed in this tournament, but no region symbol is required, so you can bring in Pokémon from other games via Poké Transporter as long as they’re in the Kalos Pokédex. For this Single Battle competition, players will make a team of six Pokémon, of which three will compete in each match.
Although Greninja is famously from the Kalos region, the special Ash-Greninja will not be allowed to battle. Mythical Pokémon, some Legendary Pokémon, and the Alolan variants of any Pokémon will not be permitted. All Pokémon above and below Lv. 50 will be set to Lv. 50 for the duration of the battles.
|• Z-Crystals are prohibited.|
• Duplicate items are prohibited.
• Register three to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select three Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 60 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made their selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 times per day of the competition. Any unplayed games carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.