Home / Forums / News/Current Events / VIZ Pokemon DVD Press Release
Thread Posts
03 Sep 2008 05:07 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
VIZ LogoVIZKIDS Imprint Expands With New POKÉMON: DIAMOND and PEARL, POKÉMON: BATTLE FRONTIER and POKÉMON: ALL STARS DVD Releases

San Francisco, CA, September 3, 2008 — VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), one of the entertainment industry's most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies has announced the forthcoming release of a variety of exciting new Pokémon DVDs that expand the company’s VIZKIDS imprint of animated content aimed specifically at younger audiences. The new Pokémon DVD releases include POKÉMON: DIAMOND and PEARL BOX SETS Vols. 1-2, POKÉMON: BATTLE FRONTIER BOX SETS Vols. 1-2, and POKÉMON: ALL STARS Vols. 11-12.

More than a decade after Pokémon was introduced to North America, the powerhouse property remains extremely popular among children and has generated over $26 billion in worldwide sales to-date. The POKÉMON: DIAMOND and PEARL animated series debuted on Cartoon Network in June 2007 as the most watched show for children in the overall 6-11 demographic. Lending even more momentum to the franchise was the highly anticipated recent release of Nintendo’s Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl video games, which introduced more than 100 new Pokémon characters. The record-breaking titles sold over 1 million copies in the first 5 days, making them the fastest selling Pokémon games ever.

“With its cute and imaginative characters and positive storyline which emphasizes teamwork, friendship and embracing the spirit of competition, POKÉMON continues to be a kids’ favorite that parents can select with confidence,” says Gonzalo Ferreyra, Vice President Sales & Product Marketing, VIZ Media. “Our new Pokémon titles releasing throughout the Third Quarter expand the VIZKIDS imprint and will delight young viewers with an array of new and exciting Pokémon adventures."

DVD CoverDVD CoverPOKÉMON: BATTLE FRONTIER BOX SET 1 • Rated “A” for All Ages • MSRP: $39.98 US / $49.99 CAN Each • Available Now!
Ash and his friends fight their way across the Battle Frontier – the ultimate Pokémon challenge! Will Ash defeat the Frontier Brains? Will May qualify for the Kanto Grand Festival? Will Team Rocket ever give up stealing Pokémon? Find out in the first half of Pokémon: Battle Frontier!

POKÉMON: BATTLE FRONTIER BOX SET 2 • Rated “A” for All Ages • MSRP: $39.98 US / $49.99 CAN Each • Available September 16, 2008 Ash, Pikachu and their Pokémon friends give their all as they battle their way across the Battle Frontier! Will Ash win the ultimate prize and become a Frontier Brain? May faces challenges of her own when she goes up against her most determined rivals in the Grand Festival. But Ash and May's toughest battle of all may be – against each other?

DVD CoverPOKÉMON: DIAMOND and PEARL BOX SETS Volumes 1-2 • Rated “A” for All Ages • MSRP: $24.98 US / $34.99 CAN Each • Available September 16, 2008
POKÉMON: DIAMOND and PEARL - Also Available As Individual Single DVD Volumes For $14.98 US / $19.99 CAN Each • Available September 16, 2008
Beautiful cities, passionate Gym Leaders, mysterious legends of time and space, cruel villains, and, of course, new Pokémon, all await Ash Ketchum as he explores the Sinnoh region in the ultimate quest to become the greatest Pokémon master. Joining him in this box set is a new character named Dawn who seeks to become a Top Pokémon Coordinator. But standing in her way are tough competitors like Zoey and Jessie of Team Rocket. As for Ash, with his friends and faithful Pikachu at his side and the right Pokémon to train and battle with, he’s confident he’ll make it into the Sinnoh league – if his new rival Paul doesn’t get there first!

DVD CoverDVD CoverPOKÉMON: ALL STARS Volume 11: MEOWTH • Rated “A” for All Ages • MSRP: $9.98 US / $12.99 CAN Each • Available Now!
Due to the popularity of the first 10 volumes of POKéMON: All Stars, 10 additional DVDs will be released to commemorate top Pokémon characters. Volume 11 highlights Meowth and features 3 classic episodes featuring this memorable feline character.

POKÉMON: ALL STARS Volume 12: TREECKO • Rated “A” for All Ages • MSRP: $9.98 US / $12.99 CAN Each • Available Now! The next volume in the POKÉMON: ALL STARS series features the calm, cool forest dwelling Treecko and offers 3 complete episodes highlighting this Pokémon that first appeared during the series’ popular Hoenn adventures.
03 Sep 2008 05:22 PM
Sunain Administrator
I find it kind of funny that media companies are still listing different prices for Canada. Quick tip for people in Canada to get some cheaper prices on these DVD.

Amazon.com ships Books/DVD/CD's to Canada Duty and Tax free. With the Canadian dollar at around 1:1, this makes it a really good place to buy these DVD's from. I bought the latest Pokemon DVD's for about 2/3rd's the price I would have in Canada (if I could even find them in the first place). Highly recommend Canadian's that want any of these DVD's buy them from Amazon.com. Be sure to select 'Standard International' shipping. I received my packages in about 2 days.

You will be paying in USD, generally your credit card will charge you the exchange rate the day Amazon charges you, but you'll save a ton of money on these DVD's.
03 Sep 2008 07:33 PM
i can a question .
i can´t see the scans of the cd & dvd in full size , anybody can help me.
ahh also in the list of cd database i found more cd of pokmon .

Pokemon the power of one single , the power of one maxi single verison usa & version Uk.
mm Pokemon the fisrt movie Latinamerican version.
The power of one Sounstrack Latinamerican version & the Johto soundtrack is called Los Vaijes Johto Vol2 , no Totalemnte Pokemon.
03 Sep 2008 09:55 PM
Sunain Administrator
kyukun, if you have a link to the Latin American cd's, it would be appreciated. Just don't have enough information on them. As for the full size, thumbnails are the only versions available on the site.
03 Sep 2008 11:58 PM
here is Pokemon Los viajes Johto Vol 2

http://www.mcanime.net/foro/viewtopic.php?t=38240&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

mmm i can various cd & scans if you want here is my mail [email protected]

04 Sep 2008 07:28 AM
Im suprised they\'re releasing it so soon after the Japanese Release Date.

Also Sunain, for some reason i cant access the anime and stuff.
04 Sep 2008 07:48 AM
_melee_ Administrator
That reminds me, it's just over a month till the Australian season 7 and 8 super wallets are released.

If anyone's interested, it looks like the cheapest place to pre-order them is DVDCrave:
https://ssl.dvdcrave.com/products/product.jsp?pid=45656
https://ssl.dvdcrave.com/products/product.jsp?pid=45655
(International buyers, please note that these DVDs are PAL format and region 4.)

You can expect scans of these in the DVD database once they're released!

(Currently, episode lists aren't included either - I assume they're four episodes per disc again but none of the sites seem to be comfirming this, so I'll wait till they're released to add that info.)