Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Movie 12 Tenative Title Announced
Thread Posts
11 Dec 2008 03:14 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
picA picture from the December 2008 edition of Corocoro has leaked onto the Japanese forum 2ch. The picture is a poster for the new upcoming 12th Pocket Monsters movie. The Movie 12 website officially launched today and the tentatively titled movie is called 'To the Conquest of Space and Time' 「超克の時空へ」 It is scheduled to be released in Japanese theaters on July 18, 2009. The official website also posted a small trailer which shows that 'Platinum' has also been added to the title.

The full movie title will be announced sometime in the spring. Director Kunihiko Yuyama announced in the DP97 special that "the key Pokémon will be an Electric Type." With the revealing of Pichu on the poster, this seems to indicate that a Pichu will have a large role in the upcoming movie. The offical website posted more information about the Pichu. It is a Female, 'Notched-Ear Pichu' Its left-ear is a bit different that a normal Pichu.

pic pic

The offical website also posted the teaser posters for the upcoming movie.
Source: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/
11 Dec 2008 03:33 PM
I remember Kunihiko Yuyama said pretty much the same thing with Plusle and Minun when Deoxys' movie was announced.

I'm assuming that Pichu will help a character of the story develop. Maybe some sort of friendship or whatever needed to get rubbed into those huge legendary battles!
11 Dec 2008 04:27 PM
_melee_ Administrator
O_o That is pretty stupid if the mysterious pokemon covered by the ? is a pichu. I mean, I don\'t mind if Pichu has a role in the movie (it is one of my favourites and it\'s been a while since any Pichu Bros. shorts). I just don\'t get why they made hiding it into such a big deal.

My only guess is that maybe its weird ear is actually important in some way, rather than just making it look unique like the Pichu brother with the tuft of hair on his forehead. Maybe in the generation V games, pokemon will be able to have these unique features within their species (kind of like how they introduced gender differences in DP). Or maybe pokemon will have slightly different appearances depending on what region they\'re from (kind of like how the anime explored this in the Orange Islands, or how Arbok\'s chest pattern varies slightly between games).

Or maybe I\'m just speculating too much and should just get over the question mark. =P
11 Dec 2008 05:11 PM
Sunain Administrator
Yeah it does seem kinda stupid to hide a Pichu like that. It may still be a new Pokemon as there is information stating that they will announce a new Pokemon in January. Will see what 2009 brings.
11 Dec 2008 06:31 PM
Well, it\'s not the Gen V Pokémon we were all expecting, but that doesn\'t mean there won\'t be some OTHER new Pokémon. After all, we\'re due.
12 Dec 2008 10:46 AM
Plusle and Minun weren\'t hidden though.

I like the theory that Pichu is some transformed Pokemon. I noticed on the website in one part of the trailer Pichu touches Pikachu and causes him to glow (although it may just be an asthetic effect for the trailer), and also Pichu\'s voice seems vastly different then other Pichu.

Although I really like the idea of Dialga somehow causing Ash\'s Pikachu to appear as a Pichu. :)
12 Dec 2008 12:37 PM
Your idea is really good Habunake,but I think that Pichu is Arceus disguised.I\'m just dreaming,but I hope that Darkrai reappears in this movie.

The trailer looks great,I wonder if this movie will beat The Rise of Darkrai.
12 Dec 2008 06:45 PM
Arceus disguised? I don\'t imagine Arceus is the kind of Pokémon would be very friendly and transform itself so it could play with other Pokémon, like Mew.