Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pokémon Adventures Volume 8 Announced
Thread Posts
27 Feb 2010 08:32 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
MangaVarious stores have now posted pre-order information for Pokémon Adventures Volume 8. Pokémon Adventures is the English adaption of the Japanese manga Pokémon Special (ポケットモンスター☆SPECIAL). The English adaption was discontinued at volume 7 but last year VIZ began releasing it again and will continue past the 7th volume. Below is a brief synopsis of the upcoming manga. Thanks to Geoffrey for the info.

All your favorite Pokémon game characters jump out of the screen into the pages of this action-packed manga! Red doesn't just want to train Pokémon, he wants to be their friend too. Read along as Red embarks on adventures with Pikachu, Bulbasaur and others that follow storylines from the videogames!

Paperback: 200 pages
Publisher: VIZ Media LLC
Release Date: August 3, 2010
ISBN-10: 1421530619
ISBN-13: 978-1421530611
27 Feb 2010 08:42 PM
Geoffrey Administrator
I found this online at Amazon: http://amzn.com/1421530619 and RightStuf: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/Zg4b7FlNniWVF5AWLw/browse/item/86579/4/0/0

I'm glad that VIZ is finally going to localize the rest of Pokemon Adventures.
27 Feb 2010 08:47 PM
Sunain Administrator
Hopefully they continue on with the series. They are taking their time with releasing the series though.
27 Feb 2010 08:51 PM
Sweet, I don\'t have to go searching for the crappy Chuang Yi translations. :P I still worry for the censoring though. But after all these years, it\'s about time they finally continued this. Better go to Barnes and Nobles to get Volumes 1-5 now. :P
28 Feb 2010 08:39 AM
When I first discovered this information awhile back on the Indigo/Chapters website, I flipped out. It was like a dream come true.

I collected Pokemon Adventures issue by issue way back when it was first released in North America. It was downright depressing to hear that they wouldn\'t be translating past the Yellow arc because the manga was just so **** good. I\'ve never been a person who likes reading my manga off a computer screen, and the Singapore releases (with the shipping/handling) were far too much cash for me to buy into, so I was basically stumped and just gave up on it.

Even if Viz is taking their sweet time getting to the new releases, I\'m just happy to see that they\'re COMING. I\'d love it if they kept going straight through to the D/P saga, but to be honest... I\'d be happy with any of it, even if it was simply the G/S arc. ^^