Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Character Discussion / your favorite character
Thread Posts
16 Mar 2010 02:23 PM
So lets open this up with a topic about which character is your overall fav and why.

I'll start by saying Kasumi (Misty) still is my fav 'cause she didn't take much crap from peoples and was always cool and in charge. + she had a funny Psyduck lol
RAWR!
16 Mar 2010 05:24 PM
Sunain Administrator
Heh, well if my avatar is any indication who my favorite character is, I'm sure many will realize Takeshi is the best character out there. I'm glad he returned to the series and has been on since then. Hopefully they don't ever decide to axe him again.
16 Mar 2010 06:50 PM
JDS Administrator
Hmm that's a hard one. Takeshi is probably my favorite human character, mostly since he's so bizarre. We all know who may favorite non-human character is.
Administrator/Lead Programmer of pm.net
16 Mar 2010 09:19 PM
michan Administrator
My favourit char is the Interrobang, ‽. Wait… In the PoKéMoN anime? Then it's definitely the Koiking salesman.
Home cooking is killing restaurant industry (and it's tasty)!
19 Mar 2010 10:32 PM
my would be

Male = Max
Female = Mira

both are cute and funny.
22 Mar 2010 02:47 AM
_melee_ Administrator
I think my favourite recurring character would have to be Barry. He's just so hilarious with his impatience, hyperactivity and absent-mindedness. The DP rival was my favourite rival so I was excited that they finally got around to developing him into an anime character, but the anime version went even beyond my expectations and became such a brilliant character. I always love the episodes he's in. =)
22 Mar 2010 03:20 AM
When talking about the main cast, I'd have to mention Ash. When I was first into the series (the anime was what got me into Pokemon in the first place. I was only 4 or 5), Ash was a role model/childhood hero to me. Although that isn't a good thing when you think about it because of how many stupid mistakes he would make. Nevertheless, I still laugh at him and enjoy his naiveté. Also, if his Pikachu counts, he's definitely on my list.

Dawn and Misty are also a part of my favorites. Misty was a tomboy who didn't take anything, and I actually found my personality to be most similar to hers when I look back. The reason Dawn is on there as well is probably because she felt more of a breath of fresh air compared to May. Dawn felt more developed and less stale than May. But that's just my opinion. It could be her Piplup also. Not sure.

As for reoccurring characters/characters of the day, probably Barry. He's awesome. We haven't really seen a rival in the anime (aside from Gary and the cameos of Kamon and Brendan). They brightened up his personality from the games even more in the anime, and I seem to laugh every time he comes on screen.
23 Mar 2010 12:02 AM
I'd have to say May, Harley, Ash and Paul are my favorites.

May is easy because Contests, especially back in AG, were very exciting and fun to watch, and May had the best interactions with her rivals of the shows history. May also went through some of the most character development in the series and had some truly epic battles. Also love her Pokemon. Its odd how they were able to give her so much character development in only the short time she was on the show.

Harley, can anyone else not love him? One of the best rivals of the show along with Drew. And yes I am a Contestshipper too. XD Contests were much more fun when May/Drew/Harley were doing them, as much as I like Dawn, her contest arc simply isn't as interesting or memorable.

Ash is the main character, so he's still good.

Paul, best rival for Ash, hands down. I like how they give him so much screentime and he's a great antagonist.

The others are all OK, but they're not my favorites.
23 Mar 2010 02:13 AM
bgt Administrator
Don't cha know that Harley is the best~
18 Apr 2010 05:09 PM
Quote From: bgt
Don't cha know that Harley is the best~

Yea. My favorite human character is Ash Ketchum. I like Misty and Tracey and Brock and everyone who traveled with Ash (May, Max, Dawn)
Last edited 20 Apr 2010 04:24 PM by Rumpelstiltskin
Look at my YouTube account!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mariobrosfan4000/