Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Shorts / Short 13: ピカチュウのふしぎなふしぎな大冒険/Pikachu no Fushigina F...
Thread Posts
28 May 2010 03:26 PM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: ピカチュウのふしぎなふしぎな大冒険/Pikachu no Fushigina Fushigina Daibōken. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
21 Jul 2011 04:16 PM
Sunain Administrator
This was by far one of the worst shorts they've done to date. It was almost a rehash of ANA6 with the constant Maril putting Rocket Gang to sleep. The gag was fine for one short but bringing it back for another one was kind of bland. The plot just revolved around returning Unknown back to its home. Nothing really 'exciting' or unexpected happens in the whole episode unfortunately.
09 Oct 2011 06:03 PM
What... are they really gonna broadcast this episode instead of a regular Black and White episode, on the 20th of October? Or will there be two different shorts broadcast that day? I've never really been fond of Pokémon shorts, so I don't quite see the point here.
Last edited 09 Oct 2011 06:04 PM by Chance
14 Oct 2011 02:12 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Chance
What... are they really gonna broadcast this episode instead of a regular Black and White episode, on the 20th of October? Or will there be two different shorts broadcast that day? I've never really been fond of Pokémon shorts, so I don't quite see the point here.

From the preview that aired on BW54, it appears the short will be broadcast in HD. This really is a kick in the pants to people that purchased the poor quality DVD earlier in the year. Only the one short will air on October 20th, 2011.
15 Oct 2011 02:12 PM
Only one short? Oh dear... I almost wish they didn't air anything at all. I really don't understand why they suddenly decide to air that short. Looks kind of random to me. If only it was to prepare something to air the two Rocket Gang vs Team Plasma episodes...
06 Nov 2011 04:59 PM
This short wasn't as bad as I expected, it was quite fun actually... though it was nothing really fancy. I just can't understand how they even sold this as a full-priced DVD (I certainly hope I'm wrong and the said DVD wasn't full-priced!).

@Sunain: the Marill gag itself is a rehash o the Jigglypuff gag, in the first series...

Actually, even though this short was quite nice, it's kinda sad to admit the most interesting part was... the preview, at the end. It really got me excited about the following episodes in the B&W series!
07 Nov 2011 09:28 AM
Adamant Administrator
Quote From: Chance
I just can't understand how they even sold this as a full-priced DVD (I certainly hope I'm wrong and the said DVD wasn't full-priced!).

They didn't. The DVD contains both this episode and the two DP specials that aired at the beginning of the year.

I quite like this special myself. Like the other DP ANA specials, it's a ridiculous drug fantasy with no real plot, just a bunch of crazy antics. Great fun. (also, the Maril gag gets funny through repetition)
07 Nov 2011 06:27 PM
My bad, then. Guess I was confused about the DVD they showed off at the end of the episode.

Thanks for correcting me. :)
Last edited 07 Nov 2011 06:27 PM by Chance
08 Nov 2011 07:19 AM
Adamant Administrator
Well, the main feature of these DVDs is of course the short, but they always include an episode of the TV series as well (which is then skipped over on the standard rental DVDs).