Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 5: バオップ, ヒヤップ, ヤナップ!/Baop, Hiyap, Yanap!
Thread Posts
15 Sep 2010 11:55 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: バオップ, ヒヤップ, ヤナップ!/Baop, Hiyap, Yanap!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
08 Oct 2010 01:38 AM
Adamant Administrator
Summary:
As Satoshi and Iris arrive in Sanyo City, Satoshi can't control his excitement before his first gym match in the Isshu region. Dent, a qualified "Pokemon Sommelier", one who can see the compatibility between trainers and Pokemon, appears before them. Dent becomes good friends with Satoshi and Iris, and guides them to the gym.
08 Oct 2010 06:57 AM
In another Picture of the 3 gym leaders, corn(. . . wow) is shorter than pod and dent, and iv'e heard that this is a reason that he is some what teased, along with the fact that I think he is the youngest.
14 Oct 2010 07:45 PM
Sunain Administrator
I absolutely hated this episode in many ways. First, and mainly because Pikachu lost like it was a level 1 Pokemon fighting a level 100 legendary Pokemon. It didn't even get a hit off. That really pisses me off. I know the anime doesn't follow the games but it really shouldn't matter in this case as Pikachu has way more experience than Hiyappu. Pikachu just defeated a Latios in its last major battle, yet it looses to the first gym's Pokemon? There is absolutely NO excuse for the writers of the series to do this as it serves no purpose but show how flawed the anime is. Pikachu according to the latest event download is Level 50, where as Corn's Hiyappu is only Level 14 in the games.

There was also some quite visible rastering during the Yanappu battle at the end of the episode. It was definitely a mastering issue and not a transmission error. When doing shows in HD, the production needs to be good quality otherwise things like this show up a lot more.

This is really unfortunate because BW1-4 exceeded my expectations but I knew as soon as Dent was introduced the series would go downhill and it appears that my assumption was right is the case.
Last edited 14 Oct 2010 07:49 PM by Sunain
14 Oct 2010 11:45 PM
Pretty good first Gym battle. Yeah Pikachu losing is a pain, but the same thing happened when DP started. Pikachu beat a Regice at the end of AG, only to lose to Paul's Elekid followed by Roark's Onix at the start of DP. Its same thing as last generation.

Dento seems amusing so far, he already has quite a number of fans. Although I have to see how he functions on the group first, but it will likely be better than how badly handled Brock was in DP. Poor Brock, its like the writers stopped caring about him early on into DP after Happiny hatched.

The BW trio is shaping up to be far more interesting than the DP trio was, that's for sure.
15 Oct 2010 06:11 AM
JDS Administrator
Worst.Episode.EVER
Administrator/Lead Programmer of pm.net
15 Oct 2010 01:34 PM
Quote From: Sunain
I absolutely hated this episode in many ways. First, and mainly because Pikachu lost like it was a level 1 Pokemon fighting a level 100 legendary Pokemon. It didn't even get a hit off. That really pisses me off. I know the anime doesn't follow the games but it really shouldn't matter in this case as Pikachu has way more experience than Hiyappu. Pikachu just defeated a Latios in its last major battle, yet it looses to the first gym's Pokemon? There is absolutely NO excuse for the writers of the series to do this as it serves no purpose but show how flawed the anime is. Pikachu according to the latest event download is Level 50, where as Corn's Hiyappu is only Level 14 in the games.

I agree with all of this. This is the reason I stopped watching the anime (and only follow it through summaries and screenshots, mainly for the Ash-kun factor ;) )- it's an infinite time loop. Whatever happened last season is bound to happen again, with different Pokemon in a different battle, in the next season. This "time loop" is the reason Pikachu suddenly gets a power degrade at the start of every season. Also because "Pikachu would be too strong if they didn't change it and that makes the battles boring". While this is a fine episode if you started watching the series at Best Wishes and shows us Ash is not as invincible as he seems, longtime fans, like us, find this annoying. If you wanna show us Ash is mortal, Nintendo, make POKABU lose to Baoppu! That makes more sense, as Ash only caught it last episode.
Also, my crystal ball is saying Mijumaru is competing to be this season's Piplup with Kibago (from the looks of the screenshots). And WTH happened to Mamepato? Ash caught it in BW002, used it in one battle against Koromori and we NEVER SAW IT AGAIN! (Not like Mamepato's important in the long run anyway, because we all know it'll end up Oak'd like everyone else. That, and I don't think it's gonna be Bulbasaur/Charizard/Squirtle/Sceptile/Swellow material. At best, this thing will be another Staraptor)
15 Oct 2010 06:47 PM
Bad episode! Pikachu's lost is really annoying and why didn't Mamepato appear after BW 2?! I think the only good part in this episode is Pokabu's victory . By the way my favourite pokémon in the Isshu Region,Mijumaru, is the cutest one again. I believe it will defeat Yanappu.I hope so :)
Last edited 17 Oct 2010 05:15 AM by michan
31 Oct 2010 02:38 AM
My favorite thing about this episode was that it ended on a suspenseful note, with Mijumaru facing Yanappu's Solar Beam and the scene drawn ominously.
Personally, I hate the three elemental monkeys. They should have been made with a more interesting type combination, like Dark, Psychic, and Ghost. They seem to be competing with the starters, and don't look that much different from each other. At the very least they shouldn't have all been made monkeys.
I'd much more prefer the idea of each gym specializing in one type.
09 Mar 2011 09:44 PM
Sunain Administrator
Another weird closed caption dub edit here that makes the game item Lemonade's name even more obscured. I really don't like it when the Japanese original uses an English term specifically and then the English version goes around and changes it, like the names of the gym leaders. There was no reason to change them.

Link to edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1181#Edits