Home / Forums / News/Current Events / New Movie 14 Information
Thread Posts
03 Mar 2011 04:44 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
Earlier today, the children's variety show Oha Suta (おはスタ) debuted the full trailer for the upcoming 14th movies Victini and the Light Hero - Reshiram / Victini and the Dark Hero - Zekrom (ビクティニと白き英雄レシラム / ビクティニと黒き英雄ゼクロム). Both movies will debut in Japanese theaters separately on July 17th, 2011. It also aired at the end of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes 21 (スカイアローブリッジとゴチルゼル!). High Definition images from the trailer have been posted on our imageboard.

ThumbnailThumbnail
Click on images for higher resolution

The official movie website also updated posting character bios and a story outline for the new movies. The trailer was posted on the official movie website and can be viewed there.

Movie Posters

ThumbnailThumbnail

Location Shooting

This years movie location shooting took place in France on the Mediterranean coast French Riviera. The crew visited GOURDON, Tourrettes-sur-Loup, Eze, Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, St. Agnes, Peillon and Cagnes-sur-Mer as they scouted locations to base this years movie off of.

The character Aude (オード) in Victini and the Light Hero - Reshiram is likely based off the department in south-central France named Aude which was named after the river Aude.

Movie Story

Satoshi and Pikachu along with Iris and Dent are traveling through the Ishhu region and arrived at the town of Aint Oak where a castle called the 'Sword of the Earth' is located. The town was once the flourishing kingdom of the 'People of the Earth' but has since gone into decline. Satoshi has decided to battle in the Harvest Festival Commemoration Tournament in Aint Oak, and becomes friends with the Mythical Pokémon Victini. Dread, who is a descendant of the 'People of the Earth' who wants to revive the kingdom, harnesses the power of Victini to move the 'Sword of the Earth' but in the process it will create an unprecedented disaster for the people of Aint Oak. Will Satoshi be able to save the town and divert a disaster? What will be the fate of Victini? With the mystery of Zekrom and Reshiram, the greatest Pokémon adventure is approaching!

イッシュ地方を旅するサトシとピカチュウ、アイリス、デントたちは、「大地の剣」と呼ばれる城を中心に広がる街、アイントオークにやってきた。 この街は、かつて「大地の民の王国」として栄えていたが、現在は衰退してしまっていた。 サトシたちは、アイントオークの収穫祭の記念バトルに参加し、そこで人やポケモンにふしぎなパワーを与えることのできる幻のポケモン・ビクティニと出会い、仲良くなる。 王国復活を願う大地の民の末裔、ドレッド・グランギルは、ビクティニのパワーを利用し、「大地の剣」を動かそうとたくらむが、その影響により、アイントオークはかつてない異変に巻き込まれてしまう。 果たして、サトシたちはこの街の危機を救えるのか? ビクティニの運命は? ゼクロム、レシラムの謎とともに、ポケモン史上最大の冒険と感動が、君に迫る!

Movie Biographies

Thumbnail Thumbnail

Common Characters to both movies:

Dread Grangil (ドレッド・グランギル): Dread is descendant of the 'People of the Earth'. He is on a journey looking for people scattered around the earth in order to revive their kingdom. (大地の民の末裔。王国の復活を願い、各地に散った大地の民を探し、旅をしている。)

Carlita (カリータ): Carlita is Dread's little sister. She participated in the Harvest Festival's commemoration battle. She has a Sazandora. (アイントオークに住むドレッドの妹。収穫祭記念バトル大会に参加する。サザンドラの使い手。)

Janta (ジャンタ): She is Dread's mother. She knows about the story of Victini and the 'People of the Earth'. (ドレッドの母。大地の民に伝わるビクティニの物語を知る人物。)

Momont (モーモント): He is the mayor of Aint Oak. He is the host of the Harvest Festival Tournament battle and he tells the story of Victini. (アイントオークの町長。大地の民に伝わるビクティニの物語を知る人物。収穫祭記念バトル大会を主催。 サトシ・アイリス・デント…「ポケットモンスターベストウイッシュ」の主人公。)

Character only in Victini and the Dark Hero - Zekrom

Shade (セード): Shade is a girl that is a descendant of the "People of Earth'. She lives in the desert away from the ancient kingdom. (大地の民の末裔の女の子。かつての王国の土地から離れて荒野に住んでいる。)

Character only in Victini and the Light Hero - Reshiram

Aude (オード): Aude is a boy that is a descendant of the "People of Earth'. He lives in a ice land away from the ancient kingdom. (大地の民の末裔の男の子。かつての王国の土地から離れて氷原に住んでいる。)

Voice Actors

The official website also announced the guest voice actors for the movies. Hideki Takahashi (高橋英樹), Shōsuke Tanihara (谷原章介), Satomi Ishihara (石原さとみ), Mao Daichi (大地真央), and Nana Mizuki (水樹奈々) were all announced as voice actors in the upcoming movies but the parts they will be voicing were not announced. Shōko Nakagawa and Kōichi Yamadera (山寺宏一) are also both returning for parts.

Voice Actors

Theme Song

The newly revealed poster indicates at the group Every Little Thing which includes Kaori Mochida (持田香織) and Ichiro Ito (伊藤一朗) will be doing this years theme song. The song title or an official press release have yet to be announced.

Voice Actors

Source: http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/
04 Mar 2011 04:51 AM
Well, it really looks like the anime staff has something with French stuff if they actually went to France so as to get inspiration for the movie. Pretty funny, I know quite a few of the places they went to... wish they had gone a bit further east, near where I used to live!
I sure hope the backgrounds will be as gorgeous as in the DP movies... especially those of the second movie. Some of the sceneries were simply breath-taking.

About the movies, it does look like it's going to be two different movies, but apparently, they'll get some scenes in common, right? I sure hope watching one movie will not make the other one redundant. And I also hope the poster with Pikachu and the 3 starters doesn't mean the return of the pre-movie Pikachu short-movie. Cancelling it for the DP movies allowed more time for the main movies, which was a very clever decision in my opinion (I always found those shorts a bit boring... maybe because it was aimed at young children).

I don't recognize any of the voice actors, because they all seem to be movie actors. And one of them is actually a former Takarasienne? Now that got me excited for that movie.
I also don't know anything about the group supposed to come up with the ending theme.

As for the scenario itself, I can't say much actually, but I sure wish they'd stop with the 'Satoshi arrives in a new (historical) town, and is going to participate in a Pokémon tournament (in which he'll participate and win), then something bad will happen. Didn't they already do the same thing quite a few times already?
Other than that, this movie looks really great, and I can't wait to see the new trailer. I'm quite fond of the two pictures of Zekrom, Reshiram and the two mysterious characters (the descendants of the People of the Earth I presume).

They sure look pretty ambitious for these movies. Too bad we still have months to wait before we can see how things will turn out.
Last edited 05 Mar 2011 11:29 AM by Chance
04 Mar 2011 02:22 PM
Sunain Administrator
The new trailer makes the first Black and White movies seem pretty epic. The story seems to be the same for both movies just Zekrom/Reshiram being the major difference similar to the games. I think they are trying to make it just like the games where the actual core of the movie is the same and only minor differences distinguishing the two.
05 Mar 2011 11:37 AM
Well, if that's the case, I can't hide the fact I'm a bit disappointed. I surely hoped both movies would be complementary. I understand the concept of having two versions with the main thing remaining the same, but with small differences between the two, works for games (as it encourages players to interact with those who purchased the other version)... but for movies?

And apparently, movie-goers will have to pay for each film if they want to see both... and no doubt it will be the same for the DVD release: wanna both movies? Pay twice. Of course, I believe most people will be content with just one movie, I just don't understand why they felt the need to make 2 versions of the same movie. Well, guess I'll have to wait to watch both movies before saying anything more.