Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 49: 激走!! バトルサブウェイ!! (前編)/Gekisou!! Battle Subwa...
Thread Posts
19 Aug 2011 02:22 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: 激走!! バトルサブウェイ!! (前編)/Gekisou!! Battle Subway!! (zenpen). Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
06 Oct 2011 06:07 AM
I really loved this episode, especially after last week's, which was pretty meh... I'm so glad the Rocket Gang is finally getting some attention, and that their plan seems to be working, for once, especially Nyarth's! (Though there's no doubt it'll eventually fail in the end). I think I really prefer this kind of Rocket Gang: they appear in less episodes than in the previous episodes, but at least, they're not just here for comedy (though I don't mind some minor comic appearances in 'regular' episodes). I sure hope we'll get some more original plans, like Nyarth's faking his eviction from the Rocket Gang to trick Satoshi and co. This one worked perfectly, and for some reason, nyarth's revelation in this episode was quite satisfying.

I really wonder when the Team Plasma is going to make its next move, though. It's really been a while since we last hear about them... since the two 'delayed' episodes, actually. I sure hope we'll get to see those two quite soon.
06 Oct 2011 02:25 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Chance
I really wonder when the Team Plasma is going to make its next move, though. It's really been a while since we last hear about them... since the two 'delayed' episodes, actually. I sure hope we'll get to see those two quite soon.

I hope its soon because there seems to be a 'gap' still in the overall arc for the Rocket Gang by not airing those episodes especially why Seger still seems to be around helping the trio. I wonder if that was more established in those episodes. The subway arc definitely showed that Rocket Gang isn't dumb and *is* the group that shouldn't be lightly dealt with. For season after season they were the happy-go-lucky bad guys, now they seem to be true villains. Nyarth turning on the gang was predictable but showed Satoshi had a forgiving heart despite Pikachu's warnings to him. I also liked how Pikachu had a grudge there at the end. I hope they continue that.
29 Oct 2011 02:49 PM
I really liked these episodes because of the Subway Bosses. They were already hinted at in previous episodes so I was really excited to see this one. I like how they are so polite, calling each other -san and using masu forms even when there isn't anyone around. Also the reference to a ghost train was pretty cool as well, although I wonder how Team Rocket got one of their own trains onto the track. That Pokémon Center was really good at treating Pokémon. If only they were like that in the game and increased the happiness of your Pokémon each time you visited....