Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 70: フキヨセジム!VSフウロ空中決戦!!/Fukiyose Gym! VS Furo kū...
Thread Posts
08 Feb 2012 11:57 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: フキヨセジム!VSフウロ空中決戦!!/Fukiyose Gym! VS Furo kūchū kessen!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
10 Mar 2012 08:50 PM
This was a pretty cool battle, although I wish they had used the props more. I thought that Satoshi would have won with or at least used a strategy using them. It was nice to see Warubiru's first battle with Satoshi, although it ended a lot quicker than I thought. I was expecting Warubiru to use a Dark-type attack other than Crunch, like maybe Dark Pulse or something. It was also nice to see Hatobo evolve, although now there is a pretty big difference between her and the other Pokémon, many of which have not even evolved at all.
The animations for the attacks were really cool, especially the animation for Brave Bird. The Aqua Ring that protected Swanna from Electric-type attacks was cool as well, although it wasn't really realistic, seeing as how it can cure status as well as block even Electric attacks.
It's great the Fuuro will conduct real battles now, although I am sad that it means she won't be able to fly as much. That was an interesting theme introduced in this episode that I feel is pretty relevant nowadays.
13 Mar 2012 10:43 AM
The only thing I found disappointing in this episode was Waruvile getting owned almost like a complete n00b. I guess he's still quite the rookie, and needs more training before he'll be able to win (he has always lost to Satoshi's Pikachu after all). Well, at least they didn't make him evolve during his first 'official' battle, unlike some other Pokémon... *ahem*

Also, it may be just me, but I got the impression Satoshi's gradually getting better with each Gym. Even though he's still as impulsive and 'gutsy' as ever (that's Satoshi for you after all), he seems to somewhat have gained in maturity, and his battle style has definitely improved. It's definitely more subtle and well paced than in the previous series.

Anyway, Satoshi sure is getting his badges really fast compared to the previous series... it's quite intriguing to try and guess what the writers will do for the 2 remaining ones.

The next episode... just can't wait to watch it and see Dent cosplaying as Kamitsure. That Dent, I tell you :p
Last edited 13 Mar 2012 10:45 AM by Chance
18 Mar 2012 11:32 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
Was this episode really written by Junki Takegami? Looking at the list of episodes he has written, he's mostly done bland, if not at times crappy fillers throughout the entire show (though I think Yukiyoshi Ohashi is definitely the worst of the series), but he has written the three last Gym Battles, and the two last of which were quite good. Is he finally getting better or it's just that he's inspired at the moment? I would hope for the former, of course...
This Gym Battle was good again, lots of strategy, like Pikachu using Quick Attack to jump on the rings and reach out for Kenhallow, the intense moves in the air between Furo's Swanna and Satoshi's Kenhallow and others. It also helped that the episode was animated by the best animator, Masaaki Iwane, which is his second gym battle in a row.

The only thing I didn't really like was how the flood of challengers for Furo's Gym wasn't resolved. We know that she originally quit the regular battles because of her receiving too many challengers, yet we're supposed to think that know that she has returned to her old ways that everything will be just fine? I wish the writers would have found some kind of solution to this.
Last edited 18 Mar 2012 11:36 PM by ivantuga2