Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 71: 難関突破!天空の塔を登れ!!/Nankan toppa! Tenkū no tō wo...
Thread Posts
08 Feb 2012 12:06 PM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: 難関突破!天空の塔を登れ!!/Nankan toppa! Tenkū no tō wo nobore!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
10 Mar 2012 09:37 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. It was funny seeing all the challenges that the contestants had to go through, but I had hoped there were more people left to compete after the boat race. I don't understand why Dent's cosplay was not acceptable, although the idea of cosplaying as Pokémon was really cool. Kenyan and Dageki's cosplay was very amusing, and even Mile said so. I liked how Iris used her hair to make herself look like Professor Araragi and just kept repeating her name the whole time.
The whole idea of the festival in the city was really interesting and the tower was really cool was well. I wonder why Reiji didn't just use his Ligray's Psychic to get directly to the top of the tower, though.
I found the forest with Ghost Pokémon really cool, since Ghost Pokémon are my favorite type. It was funny how Iris was tricked by the Confuse Ray of the Chandelure, and how the other Pokémon in the forest were applauding for her. i wonder if they were confused by Chandelure as well.
I liked how Reiji didn't win at the end. His tactics were pretty cheap, and it would have been disappointing to see him win just because he had a Psychic type Pokémon.
13 Mar 2012 04:32 PM
michan Administrator
How come Satoshi forgot that he already has a thunder stone, which he received from Joy-san?
Home cooking is killing restaurant industry (and it's tasty)!
20 Mar 2012 12:08 PM
I can't say I enjoyed this episode a lot... everything about it felt really forced, so they could introduce the Donamites.
One good example of that is Dent's cosplay. Not only his Kamitsure cosplay was the best one (along with Satoshi's), but it was waaaaay better than Kenyan's (even though I did giggle at how goofy he looked as Joy-san :p).

In other words, this whole episode felt like: 'Sorry, we're making Kenyan win the Donamites at all costs, so we need to make him win this contest which makes absolutely no-sense at all because our writers were totally uninspired and needed a filler before the Donamites'.

I'm calling it: Kenyan will win the Donamites this time around.

@ michan: what, you mean the stone from the very first season? I doubt he got it anymore, since he mihgt not want to risk making Pikachu evolve accidently. That, or the stone mysteriously disappeared because of the space-time paradox which made him stop ageing since he turned 10.
Last edited 20 Mar 2012 12:10 PM by Chance
20 Mar 2012 03:02 PM
michan Administrator
Quote From: Chance
@ michan: what, you mean the stone from the very first season? I doubt he got it anymore, since he mihgt not want to risk making Pikachu evolve accidently. That, or the stone mysteriously disappeared because of the space-time paradox which made him stop ageing since he turned 10.
He took it out from his bag once, in this episode.
Last edited 20 Mar 2012 03:18 PM by Adamant
Home cooking is killing restaurant industry (and it's tasty)!
20 Mar 2012 03:25 PM
Adamant Administrator
Quote From: michan
How come Satoshi forgot that he already has a thunder stone, which he received from Joy-san?

How come michan forgot that Satoshi doesn't have a Thunderstone, since the Rocket Gang stole it from him in that very episode he's trying to use as evidence of the opposite? :P
20 Mar 2012 06:09 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
Quote From: Adamant
How come michan forgot that Satoshi doesn't have a Thunderstone, since the Rocket Gang stole it from him in that very episode he's trying to use as evidence of the opposite? :P

He/She probably didn't realize that they stole it from him in the first place :D
Last edited 20 Mar 2012 07:03 PM by ivantuga2