Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Seven-Colored Arch (七色アーチ) on iTunes
Thread Posts
15 Mar 2012 06:39 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
coverThe latest Pocket Monsters Best Wishes ending theme is now available to download in Japan on the Apple iTunes store for 200yen. A forum post on Aki Okui's (奥井亜紀) official website asked if the song was going to be released on CD but the release is pending. No official reason was given but it is probably due to the fact that there isn't that much new Pocket Monsters music to release on a CD.

Starting with the first episode of 2012 and the 63rd episode overall, January 5th's A Subterranean Gym Match! VS Yacon!!, Pocket Monsters Best Wishes featured the this ending, the third unique ending song used in the series but the 5th overall ending when accounting for different verse variants of the first two endings.

Titled "A Seven-colored Arch" (Nana-iro arch 七色アーチ), the ending features a chorus of multiple generations of Pokémon singers; Toshiko Ezaki, the singer of Advanced Generation's Soko ni sora ga aru kara and Smile, Fumie Akiyoshi, the singer of Diamond and Pearl's Together, Kono yubi tomare and Saikō everyday, and Aki Okui, the singer of Best Wishes' Kokoro no fanfare. The ending replaced Can You Say the Pokémon? BW (Version 2) ポケモン言えるかな?BW (バージョン2) which had been the ending song since BW54.

The song features Dent as its conductor, and is perfectly suited for school graduations and entrance ceremonies, cheering on good friends and compatriots as they head towards their future. Satoshi and Iris are also featured heavily with their Pokémon, so sing along, everyone!

Ending information about Seven-Colored Arch (七色アーチ) can be found in our Opening/Ending database while full song lyrics can be found in our Song database.

TV Tokyo also posted a full lyrics sheet and sheet music for the song last month and can be viewed below.

Thumbnail Thumbnail
Click on image for higher resolution

Sources: http://itunes.apple.com/jp/album/qi-seachi-single/id504249778 and http://pokemon.ani.tv/index2.html
15 Mar 2012 12:30 PM
I really like this ending, but I wonder why I was convinced Rica Matsumoto was one of the singers?
Anyway, I'm glad we're getting a quality release anyway, even if it's not on CD...
15 Mar 2012 08:16 PM
It's such a shame that they don't really make new songs very often. I really like the music and have a CD collection but it's pretty tough to only listen to Pokémon music when they only release new music a few times a year. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait.
By the way, does anyone know if they released Kimi no Mune ni (the last song of the Diamond and Pearl series) on CD? I don't think they have but I know there is a full size version of the song. Maybe that was an Itunes only release as well?
15 Mar 2012 08:37 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: Takeshi
By the way, does anyone know if they released Kimi no Mune ni (the last song of the Diamond and Pearl series) on CD? I don't think they have but I know there is a full size version of the song. Maybe that was an Itunes only release as well?

They released the full version on a cell phone music selling service in Japan a couple years ago now but no it has not been released on CD yet either.

Rare live performance of the Full version of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LAaQJgni-TM#t=437s
Unfortunately it seems like it was really windy as she was having problems with her hair and dress. The microphone quality unfortunately couldn't filter out all the wind.