Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Season 2 Announced
Thread Posts
15 May 2012 12:59 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
The official Japanese Best Wishes website has been announced that Pocket Monsters Best Wishes (ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ) will end on June 14th, 2012 with a 1-hour special. On June 21st, 2012, Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Season 2 (ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2) will debut. The new series will feature Satoshi continuing his journey in Isshu but many of his old acquaintances will also return for the Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup.

logo

Series Summary

After reuniting with the Champion of the Sinnoh region, Shirona, Satoshi and his friends join her and travel towards the eastern part of the Isshu region, "East Isshu". There, they encounter a lot of Pokémon not found in the Isshu region, like Kairyu, Riolu and Eievui, as well as Satoshi's travelmates from his adventure in the Sinnoh region, Hikari, Pochama and Hikari's other Pokémon. Additionally, the mythical Pokémon Meloetta joins up with Satoshi and the others on their adventure. The "Pokémon World Tournament Junior Cup", where the winner gets to battle Adeku, the Champion of the Isshu region, begins as well. Satoshi and his friends obviously sign up, as does Shirona and Elite Four Member Cattleya. In addition, a new rival appears before Satoshi, and the Boss Sakaki unveils the greatest operation in the Rocket Gang's history. Lots and lots of upcoming events lie waiting!

Series Summary (Japanese)

新たな冒険の舞台で新展開を迎える『ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2』。シンオウ地方のチャンピオン・シロナと再会したサトシたちは、シロナとともにイッシュ地方の東側“イースト・イッシュ”へ旅立つことに。そこには、カイリューや、リオル、イーブイなど、イッシュ地方以外のさまざまなポケモンたちや、サトシがシンオウ地方でともに冒険をした仲間・ヒカリとポッチャマたちの姿があった。そしてなんと! 幻のポケモン・メロエッタがサトシたちの仲間になって大冒険が始まるのだ。さらに、優勝すればイッシュ地方チャンピオン・アデクに挑戦できるというバトル大会“ポケモンワールドトーナメントジュニアカップ”も開幕。サトシたちはもちろん、シロナや四天王・カトレアも同大会に参加。そのほかにもサトシの新ライバル登場や、ボス・サカキによるロケット団史上最大の大作戦が幕を開けるなど、盛りだくさんの内容となっている。

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201205/15014667.html

Teaser Poster

poster

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Season 2 Artwork

Click on images for higher resolution

Upcoming Final Episodes of Best Wishes

Information about the final episodes of the series was also announced on the official website including some pictures from them.

In BW81 - Sekka Gym Match! A Battlefield of Ice!! (セッカジム戦! 氷のバトルフィールド!!) which airs on May 17th, 2012, Meloetta (メロエッタ) will make its anime debut in the new ending Look at this (Mitemite☆Kotchitchi みてみて☆こっちっち). It will also be featured in this years movie short Meloetta's Sparkling Recital (メロエッタのキラキラリサイタル).

pic pic

In BW84 - Movie Showdown! The Isshu Defense Force Goes into Action!! (映画対決!出撃イッシュ防衛隊!!), a mechanical Bangiras (バンギラス) will rampage into action as Satoshi once again helps make a movie with Luke.

pic pic

The final episode of Best Wishes will air on June 14st, 2012 with Gym Leader Homika making an appearance.

pic pic

Source: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2012/05/120515_a01.html
16 May 2012 08:09 AM
I'm really excited about this 'new' series. Looks like there'll be quite a lot of fan service with returning characters from previous series.... hope we'll get to see Takeshi!
I wonder what will happen in this new series, especially concerning the Champions, since Satoshi now has pretty almost all badges. I hope we'll get to see him battle Iris (as a Gym Leader) one day.

And a big hurrah for the 'biggest Rocket Gang operation' plot.

This generation is really taking a turn for the unexpected... first they make an actual sequel to the main games, then they make a 'new' anime series with previous gen. Pokémon and characters. I'm quite excited to see how it'll unfold from now on.

Guess the writers really are more ambitious than ever.
16 May 2012 01:13 PM
Sunain Administrator
With the confirmation of some of the older characters in Black 2 White 2, there is a strong possibility that we may indeed see Takeshi and Kasumi again. Maybe just as a cameo or like they have in previous times, just a shot of them watching the tournament. But at least that would be better than nothing.
17 May 2012 09:11 PM
Quote From: Chance
I'm really excited about this 'new' series. Looks like there'll be quite a lot of fan service with returning characters from previous series.... hope we'll get to see Takeshi!
I wonder what will happen in this new series, especially concerning the Champions, since Satoshi now has pretty almost all badges. I hope we'll get to see him battle Iris (as a Gym Leader) one day.

And a big hurrah for the 'biggest Rocket Gang operation' plot.

This generation is really taking a turn for the unexpected... first they make an actual sequel to the main games, then they make a 'new' anime series with previous gen. Pokémon and characters. I'm quite excited to see how it'll unfold from now on.

Guess the writers really are more ambitious than ever.

True.But what I am really looking forward is when are they gonna show Team Rocket Vs Team Plasma??

They cant drop that arc just like that.

Also I'm not susprised at all that Cynthia and Dawn return for the second season since their the most popular females in sinnoh among the otaku community.
18 May 2012 08:07 PM
At first I thought that all hope was gone for the Pokemon anime till I heard that Dawn came back. I filled my anime void with Smile Precure in the absence of Pokemon and I am so excited to see Dawn after half a year.

P.S. I hope Marina Inoue voices Homika.
Last edited 18 May 2012 08:08 PM by dawnlovesham
J Stars Victory VS: The baby war
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax: The waifu war