Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BWS2-DA 18: デントVS氷の挑戦者! サンヨウジムの危機!!/Dent VS kōri ...
Thread Posts
08 Aug 2013 07:26 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: デントVS氷の挑戦者! サンヨウジムの危機!!/Dent VS kōri no chōsensha! Sanyo Gym no kiki!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
04 Sep 2013 09:41 AM
Adamant Administrator
The Pokémon Trainer Drago, who has defeated both of Dent's brothers Pod and Corn, has challenged Dent to a battle! If Dent loses, does that mean the three brothers' Sanyo Gym will have to close...!?

Summary:
Satoshi and friends have come to Ganryu Island to meet up with Dent's brothers Pod and Corn. Suddenly, a Yukinooh shows up. Yanappu walks over to share some of the fruit it and Dent picked earlier with it, but it suddenly attacks. Just then, Pod and Corn joins them, telling them that the Yukinooh's Trainer Drago is a dojo breaker with her sights set on the Sanyo Gym, where the three serve as Gym Leaders.

Having already defeated both Pod and Corn, all she has left is to beat Dent, so she has come here to challenge him to a match. Dent accepts, wanting to protect the Sanyo Gym.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Aya Endo: Pansy
Chika Fujimura: Yanappu
Chinami Nishimura: Baoppu
Kiyotaka Furushima: Hiyappu
Kensuke Sato: Yukinooh
Tsuguo Mogami: Manmoo
Masakazu Morita: Pod
Makoto Ishii: Corn
Masayuki Kato: Parker
Miyuki Sawashiro: Drago
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
Last edited 10 Nov 2013 10:50 PM by Adamant
05 Dec 2013 10:15 AM
Cameo of the Sanyo Gym brothers, one dominatrix female trainer trying to punish the three "boys" just for fun, a Gym battle near a lighthouse, no Rocket Gang at all and things actually moving forward a bit. Long story short: awesome episode!

I had a bit of doubt when Dent sent out the grass-type Pansage against the ice monster Abomasnow. And Satoshi really made a fool of himself by saing that he was looking forward to Dent's Tasting Time while admitting that he doesn't really understand most of its contents. And I was a bit surprised when Dent actually began chatting in the middle of a battle that was about to decide the fate of the whole Gym. That was quite a risk. And partially annoying as well. But everything ends in sunshine and rainbows and BW slowly aims towards its own end and the beginning of a new era.

I am sure we will hear about Drago once again. Maybe she will not be so arrogant next time.

And last thing: It was not really needed to get Pansy out of the way with the excuse that didn't really happen. I wanted to see more of her Gogoat.

My rating:
An important episode with cameos, which sets up the ground for the expected parting of Satoshi and Dent. It shows that Dent learned something by travelling around and that the days spent with Satoshi were not a complete waste of time after all. Rocket Gang not interrupting an important battle and not showing up at all = big PLUS.
I give it 10. If all episodes were as eventful and important for future episodes as this one, this anime would be much better.
You would totally like to be a tree.