Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / XY / XY 8: ポケモントリマーとトリミアン!/Pokémon trimmer to Trimmien!...
Thread Posts
23 Oct 2013 10:10 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: ポケモントリマーとトリミアン! / Pokémon trimmer to Trimmien! / The Pokémon Groomer and Trimmien!. Please comment below!
Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot!
20 Nov 2013 04:40 AM
Adamant Administrator
A Pokémon Groomer is one who cuts and combs the fur of the Poodle Pokémon Trimmien, making it look beautiful. Are Satoshi and friends fighting against heavy odds when they attempt to help the apprentice Groomer Jessica...!?

Summary:
Satoshi and friends have arrived in a new city. Having looked through a guidebook, Serena knows there is a Star Groomer in the area, and is dead set on meeting him. When they get there, they meet the Star Groomer's apprentice Jessica, who tells them of her trouble with a Trimmien who doesn't approve of her, and refuses let her groom it.

Then, another Star (?) Groomer named Mussarie shows up, offering to groom Fokko. Serena hands it over to her, but it soon becomes clear that Mussarie and her assistants are really...!?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pkachu
Mayuki Makiguchi: Serena
Yuki Kaji: Citron
Mariya Ise: Eureka
Megumi Sato: Dedenne
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Chinatsu Akasaki: Horubee
Kenta Miyake: Maaiika
Kensuke Sato: Livolt
Chiemi Ishimatsu: Junsa
Haruka Tomatsu: Jessica
Kenji Hamada: Barry
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
Last edited 28 Nov 2013 06:17 AM by Adamant
30 Nov 2013 02:42 PM
Sunain Administrator
While this was a rehash of PM28, it was 15 years ago. The Sonansu scene was an absolute classic scene though. Had me laughing pretty hard.
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net
04 Dec 2013 02:17 PM
michan Administrator
I'm making this post by request.

Episode was OK. Too much borrowed plot.
Home cooking is killing restaurant industry (and it's tasty)!
09 Dec 2013 02:48 PM
This is probably the first filler in the XY anime though it still has quite good animation for a filler.
We get to know a new dog Pokemon, Trimmien. And the art of grooming it so that it looks like a completely different Pokémon.
The main "friend" character in this episode is an uninteresting "artist with lack of self-confidence" type of girl. I am not sure how many times someone like her appeared in the anime, but it feels like an old dejavu.
There was also a very WTF moment when Team Rocket had a fashion exhibition. I am not sure if this was supposed to kill the viewers or drive them insane :/ It almost did both to me.
And this time, with Satoshi and friends, even Junsa-san stood up against Team Rocket. And yet they didn't get arrested :( Damn!

Anyway, this episode had some interesting and fun moments. One highlight was Satoshi being Pikachu's eyes when Pikachu was blinded.

My rating:
Not an extremely bad episode, but the weakest of XY so far. Had some good moments, but also some really weird ones. Team Rocket got their share so I hope they won't appear for some time now.
I give it 7
You would totally like to be a tree.