Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / XY / XY 9: ミアレジム攻略!シトロンの秘密!! Retake the Miare Gym! Citr...
Thread Posts
25 Nov 2013 03:58 PM
Sunain Administrator
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: XY 9: ミアレジム攻略!シトロンの秘密!! Retake the Miare Gym! Citron's Secret! The Beginning of the Dream and the Adventure!!. Please comment below!
Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot!
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net
25 Nov 2013 05:42 PM
Adamant Administrator
The destined Miare Gym, which threw Satoshi out... turns out to have Citron as its Gym Leader! And Citron is rousing himself to take his Gym back from "the Citroid", his own invention, which has taken it over!

Summary:
Satoshi and friends have returned to Miare City, where they run into Citron and Eureka's father Limone. Satoshi is told that Citron is really the Gym Leader of the Miare Gym, and that the Gym has been taken over by Citron's own invention, "the Citroid". In order to take the Gym back, Satoshi, Citron and the others sneak into the Miare Gym and challenge the Citroid to a Pokémon battle.

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mayuki Makiguchi: Serena
Yuki Kaji: Citron
Mariya Ise: Eureka
Megumi Sato: Dedenne
Yuji Ueda: Keromatsu
Megumi Hayashibara: Fokko
Chinatsu Akasaki: Horubee
Kiyotaka Furushima: Elezard
Kensuke Sato: Limone
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
Last edited 05 Dec 2013 05:31 AM by Adamant
09 Dec 2013 04:28 PM
PokéLogic strikes again. During the past approximately 800 episodes the anime has taught us, how important it is for a trainer to be a friend of his Pokémon, to share the feelings, link their hearts, etc. And suddenly there is a computer being a Gym leader. All common sense lost.
In addition to this, the robot looks very lame.

Another thing that is hard to understand here is why the hell did Citron have to use a voice code and a battle to be able to reprogram the robot? They could have just ambushed the robot with several Pokemon at once, unplug its power source, erase memory, reprogram, and job done. It feels like the Japanese are somehow promoting an AI to the same level as a living real human. I think they will be very disappointed sooner or later.

And speaking of logic... How did someone like Citron become a Gym leader in the first place?

I am really not sure what to think about this episode. We did find out something important about Citrons past after all and the suspicion that was almost obvious (aside from the robot) since the first episode has been finally confirmed. And there was one of these battles with that different kind of animation. But still this episode was lacking something. And by something I don't mean Team Rocket. If they appeared in an episode like this, they would ruin it completely.

My rating:
It could be a full-blown episode, but the lack of logic and a completely lame-looking robot holds it back.
I give it 8.
You would totally like to be a tree.