Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Nintendo Direct - September 1st, 2016
Thread Posts
01 Sep 2016 10:58 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!

Nintendo Direct Unleashes a Surge of Nintendo 3DS News

Nintendo Unveils Portable Pikmin, Super Mario Maker and a Poochy amiibo REDMOND, Wash., Sept. 1, 2016 – Nintendo unlocked a treasure trove of information for its portable Nintendo 3DS system today. In a Nintendo Direct video, Nintendo discussed more than a dozen games for the system, including a StreetPass Mii Plaza update and some Nintendo eShop exclusives that launch today. Among the highlights were a portable Super Mario Maker game launching this year, Pikmin and Yoshi’s Woolly World games launching in 2017, and a newly announced Mario Sports Superstars game for 2017. Nintendo also revealed awesome new amiibo figures for Yoshi’s Woolly World on Nintendo 3DS and The Legend of Zelda, as well as a new set of amiibo cards for Animal Crossing fans.

“After emerging as the best-selling video game system in the United States in July, Nintendo 3DS has clear momentum going into the fall, the holiday season and 2017,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “With so much news about the system hitting at once, everyone should find something to love. If you haven’t already, it’s a great time to jump into the fun of Nintendo 3DS.”

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon: Some of the Pokémon found in the Alola Region have unique looks adapted to the region’s native environment, such as Alolan Rattata. A new element called a Z-Move is an extremely powerful skill initiated when Pokémon and Trainer unleash their full powers together. The type of Z-Move a Pokémon can use depends on the type of Z-Crystal the player gives that Pokémon. As a bonus, anyone who buys one of the games when they launch on Nov. 18 and connects a Nintendo 3DS family system to the internet before Jan. 11, 2017, will receive Munchlax in the game, along with a “Snorlium Z” crystal to unlock the special Z-Move known as Pulverizing Pancake.
02 Sep 2016 06:24 AM
_melee_ Administrator
I quite like Rattata's new form, and it makes me interested to see what Alolan Raticate is going to be like. I think it has potential to be really cool . . . I wonder why they held off showing it? Then again, we haven't seen Alolan Persian either. Unless they just evolve into the standard forms, but that seems like a bit of a waste.

I can't help but notice that all the pokemon with Alolan forms so far are from Gen I. I would like to see some of the later pokemon get new Alolan forms, but I can also see that they might stick with the theme of only adding new forms for Gen I pokemon. I guess we'll have to wait and see.