Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee - De...
Thread Posts
27 Oct 2018 09:58 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
Junichi Masuda and Kensaku Nabana from GAME FREAK answered some of viewers questions received via Twitter and Facebook in this exclusive interview posted by Nintendo AU/NZ.

Dylan: What is your favourite aspect about designing a game? And what are some areas or places that you would like to use as inspiration for the future?
Masuda: In the beginning we visit different places for research. That's when I get new ideas and have moments when I think to myself, "Maybe seeing something like this in the game will make everyone happy." I personally like this part at the start of the process. It's fun and exciting.

Which geographical locations have been inspiring... is a difficult question to answer. When I travel, I learn about the history and interesting building at the places I visit. I have had inspiration from various places around the globe. There have been moments when I though to myself, I would like this place to be a part of our next game. So when I visit different places, I try to learn a lot. Unfortunately I haven't been to Australia or New Zealand yet... I'd like to go there.

Nabana: What do I enjoy the most... Well, I do all things to do with designing and modelling and I enjoy all of it. So if you ask me what I enjoy most it is difficult to answer... But if I must... Once we know the concept of the game from Masuda-san, we crate initial illustrations. That moment when we move from step 0 to step 1 is probably the most enjoyable part for me.

Peddy: How are players encouraged/rewarded for carrying their Pokémon around in the new Poké Ball Plus?
What good things will happen... well, if you put your Pokémon in it, you will hear it cry. It will surely enhance your adventure. If your friends also have Poké Ball Plus, you can have fun conversation with them, asking each other which monsters are in their Poké Ball Plus. And if you bring back your Pokémon into Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, there will be a nice little surprise. Please try it for yourself and see.

Stacee: The ultimate question: Pikachu or Eevee?
Nabana: (Holding Eevee Plush) No, no, I say Eevee.
Masuda: (Holding Pikachu Plush) No, no, I say Pikachu.
Nabana: No, this one. Eevee!
Masuda: The idol of this sereis has got to be... (Pikachu) Nabana: But look at this! So soft and fluffy. Pikachu isn't like this.
Masuda: No, look at these cute cheeks!
Nabana: Well, the both cute.
Masuda: Yes, both are cute. It's pretty hard to chose one. Which one is everyone else's favourite?
Masuda: (Holding Pikachu Plush) "Choose me!"
Nabana: (Holding Eevee Plush) How about Eevee?!

Barx: Which Pokémon would you want to have as a partner that can follow you around in real life like in okémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee?
Masuda: Psyduck! Psyduck!
Nabana: Perhaps Eevee... but maybe Flareon after all. It would be so nice to cuddle it on a cold day in winter. Masuda: (Wouldn't it burn you?)
Nabana: I'm sure it will adjust itself to the right temperature.

Zachary: Which evolution of Eevee is your favourite?
Masuda: Hmm... Eevee will not evolve this time. It doesn't want to, because it wants to enjoy the adventure with you. But, if you're asking about wild Eevee... I guess it would be Sylveon.
Nabana: (Holding Flareon Plush) This is Flareon. See, it's so soft, fluffy and cute.
Masuda: (Touching Eevee Plush) (But this one is soft and fluffy too.)
Nabana: But Flareon looks warmer.
Masuda: You don't like the cold!
Nabana: No I don't. It would be so warm to cuddle.

Samuel: Was it nostalgic to work on Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! since it is going back to the Kanto region?
Masuda: Yes of course I felt nostalgic. Even seeing one of the lines that a trainer says, I felt very nostalgic remembering it from the past. No only nostalgic, but I also felt that we were creating something from our memories. Nabana here used to play Pokémon Red and Green as a primary school student. Creating something with people like him has been fun too. This whole experience has made me feel nostalgic, and it also has been fun.

Owen: How does Pokémon GO park work?
Masuda: You can send your Pokémon to Pokémon GO Park by linking Pokémon GO and Nintendo Switch to correspond. Using Pokémon GO, you can choose the Pokémon you want to send, push a few buttons and send it to GO Park. Pokémon set to GO Park all hang out and have fun there. I would really like for everyone to check it out.

Final thoughts?
Masuda: Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! will be best enjoyed set up with a TV monitor in your living room. Use Pokémon GO and help your friends or parents catch Pokémon. It's a game to be enjoyed in your living room with others, laughing and having fun. Please try it.

Source: https://twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ/status/1055987444875751426