Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Galarian Form of Ponyta Will Appear in Pokémon Shi...
Thread Posts
09 Oct 2019 10:48 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
A new news article has been posted!
The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo confirmed today that the Galar regional form of Ponyta will appear in the highly anticipated upcoming Pokémon Shield video game. Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield launch November 15, 2019, exclusively on the Nintendo Switch system. The Galarian Pokémon made a surprise appearance during a “livestream” of a forest in the Galar region. High resolution screenshots and artwork from the press release have been added to an Imageboard thread.

my little pony my little pony

Galarian Ponyta

Category: Unique Horn Pokémon
Type: Psychic
Height: 2'7"
Weight: 52.9 lbs.
Ability: Run Away/ Pastel Veil

Galarian Ponyta have been found in a certain forest of the Galar region since ancient times. It is said that they were exposed to the overflowing life energy of the forest over many generations, and therefore their appearance became unique in this region.

Galarian Ponyta can absorb the life energy of the surrounding atmosphere and store it in its mane. Its mane will become more colorful, and even emit a sparkling glow, if there is an abundance of energy around.

Galarian Ponyta’s Ability, Pastel Veil, is a new Ability introduced in these titles. This Ability prevents the Pokémon and its allies from becoming poisoned. It can even cure the poisoned status condition of its allies when this Pokémon enters the battlefield.

YouTube Clip - Meet Galarian Ponyta in Pokémon Shield!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LcerbX5Qh8
Last edited 09 Oct 2019 03:49 PM by Sunain
09 Oct 2019 03:50 PM
Sunain Administrator
The stream for 24 hours was pretty pathetic for one Pokémon to be revealed. There is so much more they could have done to increase the production value of the broadcast. Many people likened it to watching paint dry.

This Galarian Form Ponyta though is going to be super popular and will sell a lot of merchandise. Watch out My Little Pony, Pokémon is coming for your market share!

Last edited 09 Oct 2019 07:18 PM by Sunain
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net