|Ambrella||Nintendo||Nintendo Wii (WiiWare Download)||June 16, 2009 (JPN)
November 16, 2009 (USA)
November 20, 2009 (EUR)
|CERO: A (JPN)||WiiMote
|Table of Contents:||Description - Passwords - Story/Information - Features - Screenshots|
Description:Melee! Pokémon Scramble (乱戦！ポケモンスクランブル) is the first Pokémon action RPG for the Nintendo Wii. The game launched on the Nintendo WiiWare store which allowed players to download the game directly to their Wii. The game was developed by Ambrella and used 3D Pokémon models similarly styled to those in My Pokémon Ranch. It was first released on June 16, 2009 in Japan for 1500 WiiWare points.
The game allows battling dozens of Pokémon simultaneously in real time, unlike most Pokémon games that are turn based. Players go through levels battling Pokémon using up to two separate attacks and randomly capture new Pokémon and earn currency which can be used to buy new Pokémon or moves. At the end of each level, is a wound-up boss that must be defeated before the level is cleared.
Once you have strong enough Pokémon, they can be entered in the Battle Royal which is a free for all battle against dozens of other Pokémon.
Story/Information:The player starts off as a low level Rattata trying to battle in a Battle Royal with a lot of high level Pokémon. The Rattata notices that the door to the Battle Royal is left open and it is able to squeeze in and enter a match. Moments after the player is defeated easily and is told to come back once their level is sufficient.
Battling against many Pokémon throughout the way, the player goes through six main levels, the Quiet Forest, Cold Meadow, Gravel Cave, Fiery Furnace, Shiny Beach and finally the Tower of Eternity.
The Terminal is the main area of the game. Here players have seven separate options to choose from to prepare themselves to go on to battle.
- Unknown Recruiting: This area allow players to check their specific tickets or passwords to recruit Pokémon. The official site will occasionally post passwords for special Pokémon. The passwords will be able to be used here.
- Releasing Pokémon: This area allow players to release Pokémon.
- Teaching Attacks: Pokémon can only have two attacks in the game and attacks can be assigned to the Pokémon here.
- The Wii Remote: This area allow players to transfer Pokémon from the current Wii game to another Wii system to play with the Pokémon there.
- Multiplayer: This area allow players to create a multiplayer game. Multiplayer Battle Royale mode can be accessed from this area.
- Collection: This area allow players to look at the Pokémon they've obtained throughout the game.
- Information: This area allow players to review pictures they have taken throughout the game.
- Realtime battles in 3D.
- Up to four player simultaneous game play in Battle Royal mode. Two player Co-op play of the main game.
- Unlock rare Pokémon by entering passwords released in various publications.
- Screenshot feature allows players to take pictures anywhere in game and save it on the Wii or SD card in .jpg format.
- Switch Pokémon on the fly to get the right matchups.
- Includes first and forth generation Pokémon in the initial release.
- Multiple controller schemes that allows players to pick which mode is best suited to their control style. Each player can have a different controller including Gamecube controller support.