Pokémon Stadium (ポケモンスタジアム2)
|Nintendo EAD & HAL Labs||Nintendo||Nintendo 64||April 30, 1999 (JPN)
February 29, 2000 (NA)
December 31, 2000 (EU)
|CERO: A (JPN)
ESRB: E (USA)
OFLC: G (AUS)
|Nintendo 64 controller
Description:Pokémon Stadium (ポケモンスタジアム2) was the first Pokémon Stadium game to be released outside of Japan and its one of the first games to feature full 3D Pokémon battles. The game was first released in Japan on April 30, 1999 for 5,800 Yen.
The games features the first 151 Pokémon, minigames, Game Boy Tower, Free Battle and much more. Players can import their Pokémon onto the Nintendo 64 and battle with their friends in 3D on their television screen.
Story/Information:Pokémon tournaments take place in the Stadium, the main mode for the game. There are four separate Cups to challenge as players choose a team of six Pokémon to complete. Teams can be comprised of any combination of rental Pokémon and Pokémon imported from the players Game Boy cartridge. Below is a list of the various cup modes in the game.
- Pika Cup: Battle using Pokémon from levels 15 to 20.
- Petit Cup: Battle using Basic Pokémon from levels 25 to 30 who fall under a certain height and weight. The most restrictive Cup.
- Poké Cup: Battle using Pokémon from levels 50 to 55.
- Prime Cup: Battle using Pokémon of any level. All opponents' Pokémon are at level 100.
Nintendo 64 Transfer Pak
The Nintendo 64 Transfer Pak was included with Pokémon Stadium that plugged into a Nintendo 64 controller which allowed the transfer of data between Game Boy and Nintendo 64 games. Both Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2 rely on the Transfer Pak to transfer Pokémon from the Game Boy packs to the Nintendo 64 and back again.
Kids' Club Mini Games
The games features 9 games that players can challenge against the computer or up to 3 additional players. Below is a list of the games that are available in Pokémon Stadium.
|Game (English)||Game (Japanese)||Pokémon in Game||Picture|
|Run, Rattata, Run||はしれコラッタ||Rattata|
|Thundering Dynamo||ビリリはつでんきょうそう||Voltorb, Pikachu|
|Ekans Hoop Hurl||ア－ボでわなげ||Ekans, Diglett|
|Rock Harden||かたくなるがっせん||Kakuna, Metapod|
|Dig! Dig! Dig!||サンドのいどほりきょうそう||Sandshrew|
- The Game Boy Tower where player can play Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow on the Nintendo 64 through emulation.
- Pokémon can be imported into Pokémon Stadium from Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow via the Transfer Pak.
- Includes multiplayer mini-games that feature Pokémon involved in different activities.
- Fully 3D battle scenes.