Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Lay Zhang - Pokémon Party
Thread Posts
04 Aug 2023 11:43 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
poster

Chinese singer Lay Zhang has released a new single titled Pokémon Party and a music video for the song was also released. Pokémon Party was produced by a creative team from China and was arranged and produced by Lay Zhang. He is one of the hottest artists in China, as his 9 albums/EPs released so far still hold the record for the highest cumulative album sales by a Chinese artist on Tencent Music. His favorite Pokémon is Kabigon, the sleeping Pokémon.

The single has been added to our Audio database and is available on the following platforms: YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music

The main character and his Pokémon friends prepare delicious food and throw a party. The song and music video depicts a serious and sincere protagonist, who lives surrounded by Pokémon, and his lively and energetic Pokémon friends enjoy a party together as part of their everyday life.

YouTube Clip - Lay Zhang - Pokémon Party

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiCMcAzHhFE

Press Release - Chinese pop icon Lay Zhang partners with Pokémon on new single

Chinese pop sensation Lay Zhang has teamed up with the globally beloved entertainment franchise Pokémon to launch a new single and accompanying music video titled "Pokémon Party," scheduled for release on Aug. 4.

In this upbeat track, Zhang takes on the role of a "Pokémon trainer" and brings together the worlds of music and Pokémon fandom. Produced by Capitol Records China, a preeminent label under Universal Music Group China, this groundbreaking collaboration underscores the strengthening relationship between the international franchise and Chinese creatives.

Expressing his enthusiasm for the partnership, Zhang stated, "I'm thrilled to have been invited by Pokémon and Universal Music to co-create this musical piece. It not only fulfilled my dream of becoming a Pokémon trainer, but I'm even happier that I can bring my favorite Pokémon into my musical world. I hope everyone can feel the joyous energy of Pokémon from the music, and I hope more people fall in love with Pokémon alongside me."

As an internationally recognized Chinese pop superstar, Lay Zhang has carved out a multifaceted career as a singer-songwriter, producer, actor, and dancer. With nine original albums/EPs in his discography, he has accumulated over 13 million sales, more than any other Chinese mainland artist on the Tencent Music platform. Notably, he ranked sixth on the Forbes China Celebrity 100 list and was the first Chinese artist to break into the top five on the iTunes World Album Chart. He also ranked in the top 25 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart. Collaborations with renowned artists such as Steve Aoki, Jason Derulo, and 24kGoldn, along with roles in films amassing over $430 million at the box office, bolster his profile. His upcoming film, "No More Bets," is set for release on Aug. 11.

The "Pokémon Party" music video combines live-action performance with CGI, portraying Zhang as a meticulous Pokémon trainer living alongside a delightful group of Pokémon. The visuals and sound of "Pokémon Party" encapsulate the inclusive and family-oriented spirit synonymous with Pokémon, delivering a heart-warming experience. Zhang, with his deep knowledge and passion for the Pokémon universe, was deeply involved in the creative process, contributing to every facet of the production. Chinese director Qian Ninghuang, known for the popular animated mini-series "Egg Yolk Man," wrote and directed the video's script. The production signifies Pokémon's innovative approach to promoting localized creativity within China.

Managing director of Capitol Records China, Tom Tang, added, "We're honored to team up with Pokémon and invite Lay Zhang to participate in this special music project. Pokémon's persistent refining of creativity and Lay Zhang's relentless pursuit of quality made the creation process full of challenges and fun. We look forward to Pokémon fans worldwide experiencing Lay's immense talent and charm through this new track, as well as appreciating the high quality of Chinese creativity as they join this joyous party. We are further excited about building more creative bridges between local artists and international brands through the medium of music."

Capitol Records China, a crucial player in this innovative collaboration, has facilitated the production and distribution of the new song, marking a substantial milestone as Pokémon expands its global relationship with Universal Music Group in the Chinese market.

Source: http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2023-08/04/content_98516471.htm
Last edited 04 Aug 2023 11:53 AM by ForumBot