Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pokémon 25: The Album - October 15th, 2021
Thread Posts
14 Sep 2021 09:57 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
The release date and final artists for the Pokémon 25: The Album have been announced. The Pokémon Company International in partnership with Universal Music Group will release the album on October 15th, 2021 and it will feature new artists joining the lineup including: Lil Yachty, Tierra Whack, and Jax Jones. High resolution photos from the press release have been added to an Imageboard thread. Details of the Target exclusive physical CD have been added to our Audio DB. Details of the Digital release of the album have also been added to our Audio DB.

POKÉMON 25: THE ALBUM SET FOR OCTOBER 15 RELEASE

Preorder Launches for Compilation, Which Features Songs by Katy Perry, Post Malone, J Balvin, and More ​​​​​​​

New Artists Joining Lineup Include Lil Yachty, Tierra Whack, and Jax Jones

On October 15, Pokémon 25: The Album will be released by Capitol Records as part of a massive, yearlong music campaign from The Pokémon Company International in partnership with Universal Music Group. See below for the full album tracklist, which was revealed today as the preorder launched. Preorder Pokémon 25: The Album here: https://pokemon25.lnk.to/thealbumPR!Pokemon.

The 25th anniversary celebration kicked off with Post Malone’s “Only Wanna Be with You (Pokémon 25 Version)” surprise cover of the Hootie and the Blowfish smash ’90s hit, performed during Pokémon’s P25 Music virtual concert in February 2021. Pop icon Katy Perry unveiled her anthemic, original, lead single for the album, “Electric,” in May. New songs by Vince Staples (“Got ’Em”), Cyn (“Wonderful”), and Mabel (“Take It Home”)—collected on The Red EP—followed in August, along with Louane’s “Game Girl.” Individuals who preorder the digital album will instantly receive each of these six songs. The compilation will also feature new tracks by J Balvin, Lil Yachty, Jax Jones with Sinead Harnett, Yaffle (Japanese artist/producer based in Tokyo), and Tierra Whack, plus ZHU’s alternate versions of the songs of The Red EP, which were featured on The Blue EP, released last month.

Speaking about working with Pokémon and being one of the final artists to announce a track on this anticipated album, Lil Yachty says, “I’ve always been a huge Pokémon fan, and I jumped at the opportunity to be on the album. I love the record I did for it, called ‘Believing,’ and I hope it inspires my fans to chase their dreams.”

“P25 Music has been an incredible journey in which we’ve been able to collaborate with so many amazing musicians to help us celebrate 25 years of Pokémon,” said Colin Palmer, Vice President of Marketing at The Pokémon Company International. “As we count down to the launch of Pokémon 25: The Album and the culmination of this yearlong adventure, we’re looking forward to Lil Yachty, Tierra Whack, and Jax Jones joining the party and adding their own unique sounds and fresh takes on Pokémon-inspired songs to this celebratory compilation.”

Pokémon 25: The Album Tracklist

Katy Perry—Electric
Jax Jones—Phases (with Sinead Harnett)
Mabel—Take It Home
Lil Yachty—Believing
J Balvin—Ten Cuidado
Cyn—Wonderful
Vince Staples—Got ’Em
Louane—Game Girl
Tierra Whack—Art Show
Post Malone—Only Wanna Be With You (Pokémon 25 Version)
Yaffle – Reconnect (feat. Daichi Yamamoto & AAAMYYY)*
Mabel—Take It Home (ZHU Remix)*
Cyn—Wonderful (ZHU Remix)*
Vince Staples—Got ’Em (ZHU Remix)*
*Digital album only

Source: https://25.pokemon.com/en-us/music/album
Last edited 14 Sep 2021 10:28 AM by ForumBot