A new news article has been posted!
Niantic has announced that from Friday, August 23rd, 2019 until Friday, August 30th, 2019, the Water Festival 2019 will be held in Pokémon GO and Water-type Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild.
Dive into Water Festival 2019!
Trainers, Time to make a big splash! Even if you don’t live near the water, you can look forward to Water-type Pokémon coming to you soon in Eggs, raids, Field Research, and the wild. That’s right—the long-awaited Water Festival is back!
Date + Time
- Friday, August 23, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT until Friday, August 30, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT
- Water-type Pokémon like Magikarp, Wooper, Wailmer, and more will appear more frequently in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild around water: Wartortle, Poliwhirl, Seaking, Lapras, Qwilfish, Mantine, Lotad, Feebas, Piplup, Buizel, and Finneon.
- Water-type Pokémon will hatch more often from Eggs.
- Kingler and Crawdaunt will be able to learn Crabhammer, a Water-type Charged Attack that is newly available in Pokémon GO.
- If you manage to surf the waves of luck, you might encounter Shiny Carvanha or Shiny Barboach!
- Water-type Pokémon like Blastoise, Vaporeon, Lapras, and more will appear in raids.
- On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, you’ll be able to encounter Uxie, Mesprit, or Azelf in five-star raids in their respective regions!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- If you have a Water-type Pokémon as your Buddy, the distance to earn Buddy Candy will be halved.
There’s no need to swim or use a fishing rod to encounter these Pokémon, Trainer. All you have to do is get up and GO!