Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl Giratina and the...
Thread Posts
25 Sep 2008 02:17 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
This years Pocket Monsters movie, Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet: Shaymin, has been announced for release on DVD later this year. It premiered in Japanese theaters on July 19, 2008 and will now be released on DVD December 19th, 2008.

The DVD will be released by Media Factory and Shogakukan and it will have a manufacturers retail price of 4179yen (including tax). The catalog number for the DVD is ZMBS-6016 and the running time is approximately 100 minutes. The DVD will also include the following standard extras: Creditless Opening and Endings, Illustration Setting Material Photo Gallery, a Collection of idea sketches, and Previews. A rental DVD is scheduled to be released on the same day as well.

For those that order the First Press release of the DVD, it will include a Shaymin Neckless/Bracelet and a Domino's Pizza discount voucher which has an expiration date of March 31, 2009 and is only valid in Japan.

Many were hoping that there would be a Bluray High Definition release of this movie with the previous announcement that Media Factory had begun releasing titles on Bluray. Unfortunately today's announcement did not have any information regarding a Bluray release of this movie.

The DVD has been added to our DVD Database. There you can view a complete listing of Pokemon DVD's available worldwide. The DVD is available for Pre-order from Amazon.co.jp
25 Sep 2008 02:47 PM
Sunain Administrator
I'm seriously going to have to think hard about ordering this DVD. Amazon has a pre-order price of 3,176yen currently, but by the time you include shipping and duty its into the $60usd range. Now that DVD is basically being replaced by Bluray, this makes the decision even harder as I'de rather save the money towards the eventual Bluray release of the movie.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this movie but not as much as Movie 10.

Also interesting to note, that various sources have indicated that this DVD will include Japanese closed captions/subtitles. (日本語字幕付き(音声は日本語・Dolby Digital)。 - Japanese subtitles with Japanese Dobly Digital Audio). Amazon generally slaps on subtitles on all anime disks regardless so it will be interesting to see if it actually does contain them when the DVD is released.

The Movie 10 Taiwan DVD was released last month which included a Japanese DTS track, something the Japanese Region 2 DVD did not include. It seems that this will be the case again with Movie 11 as the Region 2 DVD only announced a Japanese Dobly Digital track.
26 Sep 2008 12:30 AM
I live in France. Can I order this dvd on amazon.co ?
26 Sep 2008 01:46 AM
Sunain Administrator
Yes, but you will have to pay extra for shipping.
26 Sep 2008 02:43 AM
Sorry, I meant amazon.co.jp.
But I think it\'s not important, right ?
26 Sep 2008 06:08 PM
_melee_ Administrator
You can also order it from HMV Japan - http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2796018 The price is ¥3145 there (note it lists it as ¥3302 but that includes tax - once you go to place the order it will reduce it to ¥3145 unless you live in Japan). The shipping is also much cheaper than Amazon - it quotes ¥1200 for me (may vary for other countries).

I ordered all my other Japanese Pokemon DVDs from HMV and find it very reliable.

CDJapan is another option, and that site allows for a wider choice of shipping options, however the actual DVD is a fair bit more expensive there (¥3980). http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=ZMBS-6016