Home / Forums / News/Current Events / GamesRadar US Interviews Junichi Masuda and Takesh...
Thread Posts
27 Mar 2009 03:27 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
picGamesRadar US also got the opportunity to interview Junichi Masuda and Takeshi Kawachimaru. Below are a few excerpts from the interview.

GamesRader: Are there any plans to make things like EVs and hunting shiny Pokemon with the Poke Radar more visible or easier to manage? At the moment they seem like very secret things that most players will miss unless they research them on the internet.

Masuda: As you know, each Pokemon already has statistics, natures and characteristic traits that we provide to the player that are essential to training. We are thinking of doing something along the lines of what you suggested, but there are many ideas floating around about how to approach it, so we can’t say for sure.

GamesRader: I imagine there are a lot of rejected Pokemon designs out there? Is there a warehouse of Pokemon somewhere that didn’t make the cut?

Masuda: (Laughs) Tons! The first requirement to create a Pokemon is that it has to be attractive, and when we say attractive, we mean the look and also “Is the character expandable?” If that Pokemon doesn’t have those traits, it’s difficult to put it into the game.

GamesRader: Has any serious consideration been given to bring a core game to a home console, in his case, the Wii?

Masuda: No, we are not thinking of going into development for the Wii because we feel the core idea of Pokemon, communicating and trading with friends and other trainers, is best represented by being able to go anywhere and bring the system with you. This core concept of Pokemon is tied very closely to the portable system.

Source: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/how-Pokemon-are-born/a-20090319112123306013
29 Mar 2009 01:25 PM
I love how all these general gaming Web sites were given the opportunity to interview these two, yet the actual news sites dedicated to just Pokémon were left in the dust....

Even if we could have had some sort of group interview with all the major Pokémon news sites involved, where each site could ask one question........ Yet we are all ignored.
29 Mar 2009 01:53 PM
Sunain Administrator
Indeed, Masuda said 8 different groups interviewed them that day, yet none of them were Pokemon websites. While some of the questions were interesting, a lot of the sites just asked the same questions.
29 Mar 2009 11:39 PM
Well, to be fair, these are probably more legitimate news sites than say Serebii or Bulbagarden. I mean, they provide greats news and all, but I don\'t see much professional developers letting themselves get interviewed by fansites.