Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pocket Monsters Best Wishes 20
Thread Posts
24 Feb 2011 01:00 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
picThe latest episode of Pocket Monsters Best Wishes 20 - Pikachu VS Meguroco VS Koaruhie!! (ピカチュウvsメグロコvsコアルヒー!) aired on Thursday in Japan.

En-route to Hiun City, Satoshi and friends stop for some lunch and a training battle when suddenly the Sunglasses Meguroco digs a hole and Satoshi and Pikachu fall into it. Meguroco wants to battle Satoshi and Pikachu is ready and willing to oblige but the battle is cut short by a Koaruhie.

Characters and Pictures from this episode have been added to the episode guide. You can also comment and discuss this episode on the forum. Also be sure to rate this and other episodes in the episode guide.
02 Mar 2011 04:56 AM
When I saw the preview for this episode in the previous one, I knew this would be great. And I wasn't disappointed. That Koaruhie trio sure is an hilarious bunch. I sure hope they'll back in futures episodes, just like Meguroco (or rather, his evolved form... though it's pretty likely it will be back, as opposed to the lunatic duck trio).
There was some really nice twists in the episode, like Pikachu learning a new move (we haven't seen such a thing for a really long time, have we? I don't even remember the last time Pikachu learned a new move... wasn't it in the Advanced Generation?). And Meguroco evolving was also another nice twist, one I really did not expect. I believe they had a great idea when they decided Pikachu would have its own 'rival'. For a minute, I thought Satoshi was going to get it, but I think it's much better this way. I can't wait to see the next apparition of that sunglassed croco.

And yeah, it felt nice to see someone being blasted away by one of Pikachu's attack. Kinda reminiscent of the good ol' Rocket Gang days.

One word about the music: this episode had some awesome music tracks, some of the best in the series so far. I'm talking mainly about the 'instrumental' version of 'Best Wishes' (the Opening Theme). I really can't wait for it to be released on CD, with the next Opening or whatnot.
And frankly, I'm always amazed at how gorgeous the animation is in Best Wishes. We're already at episode 20, but I still find it as gorgeous as ever, just like in the 1st episode. The quality of the animation hasn't dropped since, hopefully.

As for the next episode, it looks really interesting, I can't wait to watch it... though personally, I'm more interested in the episodes after the next one... the one titled 'Rocket Gang vs Team Plasma'. Which reminds me, we haven't see the Rocket Gang in the last two episodes... it really feels weird to me. I've become so accustomed to see them in every single episode, it just feels odd not to see them even for one short scene. Guess we'll see plenty of them in two weeks!