Niantic have announced the details for the May 2020 Pokémon GO Community Day which takes place on May 24th, 2020 at 11:00 AM until 5:00 PM EST. The featured Pokémon for this day is Seedot. Seedot will appear in the wild more frequently for six hours that day. The 3x Catch XP and 3-hour incense bonuses will also be available that day.
Pokémon GO’s May Community Day Features Seedot
The Acorn Pokémon will appear more frequently on May Community Day, and you’ll have the chance to get a Shiftry that knows an exclusive attack.
Pokémon GO's May Community Day will feature a growth in the number of the Grass-type Pokémon Seedot around the world. This event will take place on Sunday, May 24, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in your local time zone.
Seedot will show up in the wild much more frequently during Community Day hours, and if you're lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Seedot. Plus, if you evolve Nuzleaf (the evolved form of Seedot) into Shiftry during the event or up to two hours afterward, the Shiftry will know an exclusive attack that it normally can't learn.
If you have a Buddy Pokémon that has a Buddy Level of Great Buddy or higher, it'll bring you helpful items throughout the event, such as Poké Balls. Additionally, Incense activated during the event will last three hours, and you'll receive three times the usual XP for catching Pokémon. And be sure to take a few snapshots during the event for a surprise!
May Community Day will also feature an exclusive Special Research story. You'll be able to access this Special Research for US$1 (or the equivalent in your local currency). Complete it to earn a bunch of amazing rewards. Stay tuned for when tickets go live!
Community Day: Play at Home Edition featuring Seedot!
Trainers, Get ready for another Community Day: Play at Home Edition, this time featuring Seedot, the Acorn Pokémon! This special event format will last six hours and will feature increased Incense duration, GO Snapshot surprises, a Special Research story, and more! We’ll also be testing the very first Community Day livestream during the event, so stay tuned for more details.
Date + Time
Sunday, May 24, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
- Seedot will be appearing more frequently in the wild. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Seedot.
- Evolve Nuzleaf (the evolved form of Seedot) during the event or up to two hours afterward to get a Shiftry that knows Bullet Seed.
- For US$1 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access a Community Day–exclusive Special Research story—Seeing Double! Follow Professor Willow as he learns about Seedot and discovers just how much it and its evolved forms, Nuzleaf and Shiftry, enjoy messing with Trainers and Pokémon alike. Complete it to earn three Incense, five Golden Razz Berries, and other rewards.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- There’ll be a special one-time-purchase May Community Day bundle, featuring an Elite Fast TM, 30 Ultra Balls, three Incense, and three Lucky Eggs.
Stay tuned for when tickets go live! The ticket for this Special Research story is nonrefundable.* Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
Experience Community Day with others online during our livestream
- 3× Catch XP
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Buddy Pokémon with a Buddy Level of Great Buddy or higher will bring you helpful items, such as Poké Balls, throughout the event. Check out this help center article to learn how to become Great Buddies with your buddy.
Are you participating in Community Day? Playing at home doesn’t mean you have to play alone! Tune in to our English-language YouTube channel
for our first-ever 24-hour Community Day livestream. Join anytime between Saturday, May 23, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. and Sunday, May 24, 2020, at 6:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to watch Seedot and other Pokémon play in the wild. You can also jump into a conversation in the comments. Let’s have fun and play together from home!
Please be aware of your surroundings and follow guidelines from local health authorities when playing Pokémon GO. Upcoming events are subject to change.