Niantic has announced that Fennekin, the Fox Pokémon, will be featured Pokémon during the May 2023 Community Day which takes place on Sunday, May 21st, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time! That’s a lot of hot air for such a small Pokémon!
Niantic has restricted Four-star Raid Battles to Raid Passes and Premium Battle Passes only. Players cannot access Four-star Raid Battles featuring Braixen with Remote Raid Passes. If there are dangerous storms, health restrictions or other reasons that would endanger you during the time period for this event in your area, please do not force yourself to venture out to participate in this event. Damage to devices may also occur in extreme heat and cold weather conditions.
May 2023 Community Day: Fennekin
Sunday, May 21, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time
We’re excited to announce that Fennekin, the Fox Pokémon, will be featured during May Community Day!
Fennekin will appear more frequently in the wild.
: If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- Evolve Braixen (Fennekin’s Evolution) during the event or up to five hours afterward to get a Delphox that knows the Charged Attack Blast Burn. While Braixen evolved into Delphox during the event will know Blast Burn, starting at the beginning of the event, Delphox will be able to learn the Charged Attack Mystical Fire. Delphox will still be able to learn Mystical Fire after the conclusion of the event.
- Trainer Battles: 110 power - Gyms and raids: 110 power
- Trainer Battles: 60 power, and decreases your opponent’s Attack. Gyms and raids: 60 power
Community Day Special Research story – Fur and Flames
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Fennekin Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Fur and Flames.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Tickets are nonrefundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please note that this Special Research will not include an in-game medal.
*Certain restrictions apply. Gifting cannot be completed if the recipient has purchased a Special Research ticket or has been gifted one already.
: 3× Catch Stardust.
: 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
: 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive XL Candy from catching Pokemon.
: Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
: Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours.
: Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
: Trades made during the event will require 50% less Stardust.*
: One additional Special Trade can be made for a maximum of two for the day.*
*While most bonuses are only active during the three-hour event period, these bonuses will be active from 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time.
Bonus Raid Battles after Community Day
Sunday, May 21, 2023, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time
After the three-hour Community Day event ends, Trainers will be able to take on unique four-star Raid Battles. Claiming victory in one of these raids will cause more Fennekin to appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes!
Bonus for completing four-star Raid Battles
Once you successfully complete a four-star Raid Battle against Braixen, Fennekin will appear around the Gym that hosted the raid for 30 minutes. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!*
*Fennekin that appear under these circumstances will have the same chance of appearing as a Shiny Pokémon as those that appear during May Community Day’s three-hour event period.
May Community Day-themed Field Research will be available! Catch Fennekin to earn rewards such as additional Fennekin encounters, Stardust, Ultra Balls, and more!
You’ll be able to get event-themed stickers by spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and purchasing them from the in-game shop.