The official Nintendo Europe website has announced PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
which will be released in Europe on July 9th, 2010. Many of the English names for the areas
have also been announced and the content pages have been updated to include the information. Below is the official press release.
Get ready to run, jump, and smash your way through Pikachu’s latest action-packed adventure for all ages when PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
launches on Wii on 9 July.
Playing as Pikachu, you must solve the crisis that has befallen a strange new place, the PokéPark. Along the way, you’ll befriend key Pokémon as you take part in Skill Games and the many challenging attractions
to be found in the PokéPark.
Up until recently, the PokéPark was protected by an item called the Sky Prism. But the Sky Prism shattered, and its pieces were spread all across the PokéPark. In order to save this magical place, you, as Pikachu, will need to explore the PokéPark and collect all of the Sky Prism Pieces.
PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
is the first Pokémon adventure title for Wii. As well as pulling you into a deep and engaging action adventure story, you will meet and talk to a wide variety of Pokémon.
As you work your way through the story, you’ll explore various zones
within the PokéPark, each very different to the last. Whether in Beach Zone, Iceberg Zone, Lava Zone or Haunted Zone, you’ll find various attractions
, which comprise the main challenges in the game.
is a mini-game, such as a footrace, a test of strength or an obstacle course, designed to test your skills to the max. Beating the high score in an attractions
is often a way of receiving a Sky Prism Piece. Shake and tilt the Wii Remote to fly, swim and skate your way through a whole host of fun attractions
, such as:
- Rhyperior’s Bumper Burn - Pokémon fight on a stage. You have to try to push opponent Pokémon off the stage!
- Bulbasaur’s Daring Dash – What could be better than a Pokémon footrace! Shake the Wii Remote to accelerate.
- Salamence’s Air Ace - Shoot airborne targets while flying high in the sky during this intense shooting game! Hitting targets while controlling the Pokémon is a serious test of your skills.
- Venusaur’s Vine Swing – Timing is everything in this test of your vine-swinging skills. Get the momentum right if you want to achieve a long jump.
- Gyarados’ Aqua Dash - Race against the clock, avoiding obstacles and using boosts to set the fastest time you can on this aquatic course!
But Pikachu isn’t the only one who can challenge the attractions
! As Pikachu befriends other Pokémon, some will become playable in different attractions
, opening up a wealth of possibilities to make strategic use of different Pokémons’ specific strengths.
Many of these Pokémon will also challenge Pikachu to a Skill Game, such as a simple Battle, a game of Hide-and-Seek, or a Chase – all games that will allow you to build friendships with the challenger by defeating them!
Zip across land, sea, and sky to show off your speed and skill in the first ever Pokémon action adventure title for all ages on Wii when PokéPark Wii: Pikachu‘s Adventure launches on 9 July 2010.