Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Kanto Episodes / SL 1: Pokémon! I Choose You!/ポケモン!きみにきめた!/Pokémon!...
Thread Posts
15 Aug 2009 05:05 PM
TSS_Killer Administrator
Easy answer to that. Buy the DVDs.
Miju Technical
07 Sep 2009 09:14 AM
Where's is the DVDs??? I came from Indonesia and never get that DVDs in other places. I have a lot of money to buy it!

This is make me annoyed... "Why I never get the Pokemon Episode/Movies/blablabla?" and maybe... We must leave Pokemon... because....We never got that. D:
10 Sep 2010 09:05 PM
thanks for the ep
10 Nov 2010 02:18 PM
Characters in Episode: Double checked
Pokemon in Episode: Double checked
Characters Pokemon Attacks used in Episode:
* Trainer 1's Nidorino - Horn Attack
* Trainer 2's Gengar - Hypnosis
* Trainer 1's Onix - Tackle
* Ash's Pikachu - Thundershock
* Wild Pidgey - Gust, Sand Attack

Episode Location: Location - Pallet town, toward Viridian City
Episode Highlights:
- Ash receives a Pikachu as his first Pokemon from Professor Oak, because all of the other starter Pokemon were taken by other trainers
- Ash leaves Pallet Town, and sets off on a journey to become a Pokemon Master.
- Ash and Pikachu are attacked by a group of Spearow, and narrowly escape.
- Misty's first appearance.
- Ash and Pikachu head toward Viridian City.

Eyecatch info: Who's That Pokemon?: Pikachu (JP&Eng)
Number of Times Team Rocket Blasted off in the episode: 0
Team Rocket Balloon Enhancements: No.
Did Team Rocket use a Mecha in the episode?: No.
Episode Edits: No.
07 Jan 2011 08:23 AM
i really liked it, good ep to start watching the whole series :)
19 Apr 2011 10:53 PM
Sunain Administrator
The first episode of the series really sets the tone for the show. A decent episode with a few liberties taken in the English dub compared to the Japanese original.

Dub edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1#Edits
13 Aug 2011 05:02 PM
Greetings all.
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy the DVD's with Japanese audio and English subs. I would love to own this anime on DVD but everywhere I've searched I've only come up with the dubbed DVDs, which is annoying. :/
13 Aug 2011 05:23 PM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: MetalPaw
Greetings all.
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy the DVD's with Japanese audio and English subs. I would love to own this anime on DVD but everywhere I've searched I've only come up with the dubbed DVDs, which is annoying. :/

None exist. This episode was released recently on DVD in Japan but there are no subs. A complete listing of all the available DVD's is in our DVD database.

06 Nov 2012 01:28 AM
Greetings Everyone,

For each episode, I will identify what pieces of BGM were used in the english dub. For this episode, only two pieces were kept:

1997-1998-M01: ~Opening~ (1:43 mark)
Tears, Then Calm
Last edited 07 Nov 2012 06:59 PM by BladeLight52
12 Jan 2014 05:04 PM
Adamant Administrator
Summary:
In Masara Town, where our protagonist Satoshi lives, children are allowed to handle Pocket Monsters once they reach the age of 10. This is a world where a wide variety of these "Pokémon" live, coexisting with humans.

Satoshi is a young boy who really loves Pokémon. Because he is unusually curious about them, he knows a lot more about Pokémon than the other kids.

Now that he's finally 10, and thus able to become a Pokémon Trainer, the day he sets out on a training journey has come. Satoshi was meant to receive the first Pokémon to accompany him on his journey from the town's researcher, Professor Okido. He had decided in advance what his first Pokémon would be, but on the crucial day his journey is to begin, he oversleeps and ends up arriving late. The Pokémon he wanted was given to three other boys who had already left. Satoshi takes the 4th and only remaining monster ball. Inside is an electric Pokémon called Pikachu, which doesn't quite seem to like humans.

While Satoshi and Pikachu do set off on a journey together, unsurprisingly Pikachu doesn't listen to what Satoshi says. And in the midst of it all, a group of wild Pokémon called Onisuzume attack the two.

Pikachu is mortally wounded, and Satoshi desperately attempts to protect it. Satoshi's feelings reach through to Pikachu, who summons up the last of its power, and repels the Onisuzume group with the electric attack "Thunderbolt".

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Unsho Ishizuka: Professor Okido
Mayumi Iizuka: Kasumi
Yuko Kobayashi: Shigeru
Masami Toyoshima: Hanako
Shinichiro Miki: Pokémon Zukan
Yuji Ueda: Announcer
Last edited 16 Jul 2017 10:18 PM by Adamant