Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Diamond and Pearl Episodes / DP 165: Shitennō Oba to Gym Leader Denji! /四天王オーバと...
Thread Posts
19 Feb 2010 12:01 PM
This is gonna be awesome....
25 Feb 2010 03:00 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: Shitennō Oba to Gym Leader Denji! /四天王オーバとジムリーダー・デンジ!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
26 Feb 2010 12:30 AM
Sunain Administrator
An all round aweful episode. Between the confusing Goukazaru vs Goukazaru battle to the overpowering battle of Satoshi's Pikachu vs Oba's Goukazaru showed bad form for the series as a whole. Satoshi was offered a position as a Battle Frontier brain, his Pikachu should have been able to defeat Oba's Goukazaru after his Buizel and Goukazaru managed to damage it.

The backstory was the only highlight in this episode as well as the similarities between Satoshi and Denji.
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net
26 Feb 2010 03:30 PM
This was a great episode! The backstory of Denji and Oba was really interesting, and Satoshi's battle against Oba's Goukazaru was probably the best fight in the series so far.
03 Mar 2010 11:21 PM
Well, I agree with Sunain in that the battle, though "flashy", didn`t make much sense from a battling ability point of view. I did however, enjoy how they chose to draw various parallels bewteen Satoshii and Denzi, my favourite part probably being when Satoshi tells Pikachu not to give up, and Volkner sees himself in him. Hopefully the battle against Volkner will prove to be much less one-sided. It`s hard to imagine Goukazaru being more powerful than a Regice.
25 Jul 2010 10:14 PM
Sunain Administrator
Just before the Chiisaki Mono played the dub music sounds like Vivaldi's 4 seasons. It's definitely not battle music and kind of kills the epicness of the scene. The also dub left out the MAIN reason Volkner wasn't battling anymore.

Dub edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1066#Edits
05 Jun 2013 01:25 AM
This episode made me realize how Ash is too overhyped and his persistence is annoying & frustrating at the same time.

Stop it, Ash. Be more like Miyuki from Smile Precure.
Last edited 05 Jun 2013 01:27 AM by dawnlovesham
J Stars Victory VS: The baby war
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax: The waifu war