Home / Forums / News/Current Events / 14th Pocket Monsters Movies Debut #2 on Opening We...
Thread Posts
19 Jul 2011 05:00 PM
ForumBot Automated Bots
The 14th Pocket Monsters movies Victini and the Light Hero - Reshiram / Victini and the Dark Hero - Zekrom (ビクティニと白き英雄レシラム / ビクティニと黒き英雄ゼクロム) debuted in the #2 spot behind the final Harry Potter movie Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 which also debuted worldwide this week. The Pocket Monsters movies were grouped together in the box office sales which was enough to beat Kokuriko-Zaka Kara (コクリコ坂から). The box office sales were for July 16th, 2011 to July 17th, 2011.

Source: http://eiga.com/ranking/
19 Jul 2011 06:04 PM
ugh yet again they do this and yet again the Pokemon Movies are no.2 this is very annoying
Its The Fluff Of Doom

20 Jul 2011 10:47 AM
Yet again who does what? I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about?...

About the HP movie, I doubt they chose the worldwide release date according to when the Pokémon movie would be released. And personally, I'm not surprised the HP movie had more entried than the Pokémon one... I mean, it IS the very last Harry Potter movie, after all, and all previous movies were pretty successful in Japan.
Last edited 20 Jul 2011 10:49 AM by Chance
20 Jul 2011 02:21 PM
Quote From: Chance
Yet again who does what? I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about?...

About the HP movie, I doubt they chose the worldwide release date according to when the Pokémon movie would be released. And personally, I'm not surprised the HP movie had more entried than the Pokémon one... I mean, it IS the very last Harry Potter movie, after all, and all previous movies were pretty successful in Japan.

well what i was trying to say was that this is just like last year when the zoroark movie was 2nd i really had high hopes that that 14th movies would of been 1st though when i saw that the harry potter movie was getting released the same weekend that all went away.
Its The Fluff Of Doom

20 Jul 2011 02:29 PM
Sunain Administrator
The fact that the movies still did well even with Harry Potter debuting is a good thing. If Pokemon wanted to be #1 they'd have changed their release date. I doubt the sales were that impacted by Harry Potter. People are going to see the movies regardless, I'd say many people will go see all 3, (2 Pokemon and Harry Potter), during their theatrical runs.
20 Jul 2011 03:39 PM
Quote From: Sunain
The fact that the movies still did well even with Harry Potter debuting is a good thing. If Pokemon wanted to be #1 they'd have changed their release date. I doubt the sales were that impacted by Harry Potter. People are going to see the movies regardless, I'd say many people will go see all 3, (2 Pokemon and Harry Potter), during their theatrical runs.

how much did the pokemon movies make? i was trying to find that and im not having luck

never mind i found it on a different site
Last edited 20 Jul 2011 04:04 PM by Zoroark
Its The Fluff Of Doom

21 Jul 2011 11:46 PM
dawnlovesham : *stabs Daniel Radcliffe*
Last edited 01 Apr 2012 10:08 PM by dawnlovesham
J Stars Victory VS: The baby war
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax: The waifu war