Home / Forums / Site Discussion / New site design active
Thread Posts
06 Nov 2011 01:15 AM
JDS Administrator
I'm sure there'll be bumps along the way, but we wanted to get it out there for you all to see/evaluate/suggest improvements for.

Have fun!
Administrator/Lead Programmer of pm.net
06 Nov 2011 01:22 AM
Sunain Administrator
I like it, especially the nav bar that follows you on every page of the site. Makes navigating the site a whole lot better not having to go to the top of the page. I also love the drop down search. Feels like its more integrated into the site where as before it was sorta at the top and people would have to go up there to find stuff but now regardless where they are on the site the search is there to use.
06 Nov 2011 01:26 AM
TSS_Killer Administrator
I personally like that the site feels more intimate, like gathering around a warm fireplace on a cold winter's night. It also reduces the clutter of images that have to load, so it makes it easier to render the site on phones and tablets.
06 Nov 2011 08:01 AM
ivantuga2 Administrator
I quite like this design too. No longer do I need to scroll up to access most of the options. Don't know if it's because of my laptop's resolution (1280x800), but I have the horizontal scroller activated too. At least I can scroll right with it and not get distracted by the left bar of the site.
06 Nov 2011 11:06 AM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: ivantuga2
Don't know if it's because of my laptop's resolution (1280x800), but I have the horizontal scroller activated too. At least I can scroll right with it and not get distracted by the left bar of the site.

You shouldn't have a horizontal bar at that resolution. The site is designed for 1024x768+ resolutions so I'm not sure why you have that. What browser/OS are you using and are you set to full screen on the browser?
06 Nov 2011 11:25 AM
ivantuga2 Administrator
Quote From: Sunain
You shouldn't have a horizontal bar at that resolution. The site is designed for 1024x768+ resolutions so I'm not sure why you have that. What browser/OS are you using and are you set to full screen on the browser?

I'm using Firefox, but so far it only appeared in the episodes' BGM editing pages.
06 Nov 2011 11:35 AM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: ivantuga2
I'm using Firefox, but so far it only appeared in the episodes' BGM editing pages.

Ah yes, that's because some of the CD names are 'really' long there in the drop down heh. It shouldn't affect functionality though.