Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version ...
Thread Posts
27 Feb 2012 11:23 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe both published press releases today indicating their plans for the release of the new games Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 which were announced on Pokémon Smash #73 by Junichi Masuda. The games will be released in North America and Europe in the fall of 2012.

Press Release

REDMOND, Wash., Feb 27, 2012 -- Coming off the record-breaking popularity of the Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games, Nintendo of America Inc. announced today that two new Pokemon titles, Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, are coming to North America in 2012. Fans can anticipate plenty of new surprises when the games launch this fall.

Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 will be available for the Nintendo DS family of systems. The games can also be played in 2D on Nintendo 3DS systems. More game details will be announced throughout the year.

Source: http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=32907

Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 Announced for Europe

Two New Highly Anticipated Pokémon Video Games Coming To Europe This Autumn

Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version video games hit European stores in March 2011 and within 10 days on sale had exceeded one million units. Coming off the record-breaking popularity of these games Nintendo of Europe announces today that two new Pokémon titles, Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, are coming to Europe in Autumn 2012. Fans can anticipate plenty of new surprises when the games launch this year.

Source: http://assetslibrary.nintendo.co.uk/servlet/NewsView?newsTypeId=1&newsId=3206
27 Feb 2012 11:49 AM
I knew it was possible the games could be released this year in the rest of the world, and I'm glad to know it's really going to be the case after all.

I really can't wait for the first screenshots!
Last edited 27 Feb 2012 11:49 AM by Chance
29 Feb 2012 01:41 AM
I gotta admit for something as major as this i'm surprised were getting it in the US this soon.
29 Feb 2012 11:11 AM
Quote From: Zoroark
I gotta admit for something as major as this i'm surprised were getting it in the US this soon.

Considering we probably won't get it before October (earliest possibility), that will be only 1 month sooner than Black and White (if not exactly the same delay between the Jap and US/EU releases).
So it's not that soon after all... but still pretty sweet to know we will get it this year.
Last edited 29 Feb 2012 11:11 AM by Chance