Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BWS2-DA 15: オンバーン登場! 彗星と勇者の伝説!!/Onvern tōjō! Suise...
Thread Posts
05 Jul 2013 10:02 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: オンバーン登場! 彗星と勇者の伝説!!/Onvern tōjō! Suisei to yūsha no densetsu!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
07 Aug 2013 12:08 PM
Adamant Administrator
The new Pokémon Onvern from the upcoming games 'Pocket Monsters X/Y', which are set to be released in October, gets an early appearance in the anime! It's Flying/Dragon type!! Even Satoshi is overwhelmed by its amazing power...!?

Summary:
Having arrived at another island in the Decolora Archipelago, Satoshi and his friends joins Pansy as she heads to the top of its mountain to observe the beautiful Woodate's Comet, which can only be seen once every 10 years. When the comet passes, it's said that Pokémon gather on this mountain and partake in certain strange behavior.

As the group reaches the top of the mountain, they discover the ruins of a battlefield where Woodate, revered as the hero of the island, once engaged in battle. As they head into its dimly lit interior, the Rocket Gang sneaks forth from the darkness, still gunning for Pikachu, but...!?

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Chika Fujimura: Erikiteru
Kiyotaka Furushima: Onvern
Chiaki Takahashi: Pururill
Afumi Hashi: Juppeta
Saki Nitta: Juppeta
Chinatsu Akasaki: Gangar
Marie Mizuno: Gangar
Takahiro Miyake: Gangar
Yuta Odagaki: Yonoir
Ryosuke Morita: Yonoir
Aya Endo: Pansy
Ai Kayano: Anima
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
Last edited 17 Feb 2022 04:51 PM by Sunain
05 Dec 2013 06:08 AM
So we have another episode dealing with some hero of the past. But this time it is a fine episode with some mystery element to it. Even though in this episode the Dusknoir, a Pokemon which was guarding some kind of gate to hell last time in the anime, just acts like a regular Pokemon you could have as your pet at home. Well.. two Dusknoir pets to be precise. And Gengar is also far from creepy.
Rocket Gang, completely failing to cosplay these Pokémon, just make the whole situation even more ridiculous. And seriously, is Musashi on steroids? A heavy statue falls on her and she just... lifts it above her head and throws it away? No way!
But there is a medal of the hero, a woman who is apparently a ghost and disappearing camera recordings. So, still creepypasta somehow.

All in all, this was a good episode that I enjoyed. It could have been a bit better if the ghost Pokémon were a bit more... ghostly.

My rating is... oh wait. I almost forgot! This episode was actually about a Noivern (Onvern)! The episode title says so. Well... It was used in battle when running away from the ghosts and then against Rocket Gang. A role that could easily be done by any Pokemon of Satoshi or his companions.
It was actually nice to see a completely new and unknown Pokemon, but aside from some hype for XY, it didn't really influence the episode to any greater extent. Actually none of these three new Pokémon got any significant attention yet. They are just.. there, occasionally throwing in a random electric discharge or stuff like that.
Come on, i want to see what these Pokémon really can do and what makes them unique! Just standing them or fighting Rocket Gang is nothing special, even a child could to that.
So.. no, this was not an episode about Onvern. It just infiltrated the episode title because it is a new Pokemon.

My rating:
A good filler episode with some fine moments, but not really utilizing its topic to the full extent (ghost Pokémon not even trying to be creepy). With a Noivern as an added bonus, which didn't really have to be mentioned in the episode title.
I give it 8.
You would totally like to be a tree.