Home / Forums / News/Current Events / Pokémon TCG Live App
Thread Posts
20 Sep 2021 05:23 AM
ForumBot Automated Bots
The Pokémon Company International unveiled Pokémon TCG Live, a new app that allows Trainers to enjoy the Pokémon Trading Card Game in an updated digital format which will be playable on smartphones, tablets, PCs, and Macs. High resolution images and artwork from the press release have been added to an Imageboard thread.

The Pokémon Company International Reveals Latest Innovation for the Pokémon Trading Card Game with New Pokémon TCG Live App

Pokémon TCG Gameplay Comes to Smartphones for the First Time

Today, The Pokémon Company International unveiled Pokémon TCG Live, a new app that allows Trainers to enjoy the Pokémon Trading Card Game in an updated digital format. Releasing as a free-to-play game, Pokémon TCG Live also marks the first time that the Pokémon TCG will be playable on smartphones, in addition to tablets, PCs, and Macs.

The announcement comes as The Pokémon Company International continues its yearlong celebration of the brand’s 25th anniversary by engaging fans with innovative Pokémon experiences and products.

“As we look back on 25 wonderful years of Pokémon, we are once again reminded of how the Pokémon Trading Card Game has always been a strong pillar of the franchise and beloved by young and veteran Trainers alike,” said Barry Sams, vice president of the Pokémon TCG at The Pokémon Company International. “Pokémon TCG Live will go hand in hand with the tabletop version that fans know and love, and welcomes a new era of digital play where Trainers around the world can play together regardless of their preferred platform.”

Pokémon TCG Live is designed to be easy for beginners to learn how to play the game, while offering fresh challenges for existing players to improve and test their skills. Players will be able to enjoy some of their favorite Pokémon TCG activities, including building decks and battling other Trainers around the world. They will also be able to tailor their experience with customizable avatars and Pokémon TCG accessories, participate in daily quests, and more. In addition, Pokémon TCG Live will continue to be updated with new content and features following launch.

Pokémon TCG Live will be coming soon to supported iOS and Android devices, as well as PCs and Macs via Pokemon.com. Trainers looking to preview the game prior to broad availability will be able to participate in the mobile soft launch in Canada and the global open beta for PCs and Macs later this year.

Source: https://tcg.pokemon.com/en-us/tcgl/

YouTube Clip - Pokémon Trading Card Game Live [SNEAK PEEK] | Official Trailer

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ooBE5AQODY

Pokémon TCG Live FAQs

Do I need to link my Pokémon Trainer Club account to a Nintendo Account to participate in Pokémon TCG Live events?
No, Pokémon TCG Live does not require a Nintendo Account or Nintendo device, so it is not necessary to link your Pokémon Trainer Club account to a Nintendo Account to participate in Pokémon TCG Live events.
Please note: A Pokémon Trainer Club account is required to play Pokémon TCG Live on Windows or Mac.

Will I be able to transfer my Pokémon TCG Online avatar and items to Pokémon TCG Live?
No, Pokémon TCG Online avatars or avatar-related items will not be transferred to Pokémon TCG Live.

What if I do not want to migrate my account from the Pokémon TCG Online to the new Pokémon TCG Live?
All players will be migrated to Pokémon TCG Live, and the Pokémon TCG Online will eventually be retired.

What will happen to my Pokémon TCG Online friends list? Will I be able to transfer it to Pokémon TCG Live?
No, you will not be able to transfer your friends list from the Pokémon TCG Online to Pokémon TCG Live.

Do I need to have a Pokémon TCG Online account first, before I can play Pokémon TCG Live? A previous Pokémon TCG Online account is not necessary in order to play Pokémon TCG Live, but a Pokémon Trainer Club account is required. In addition, Pokémon TCG Live requires a Screen name to sign in, so please be sure to designate a Screen name if you are creating a new Pokémon Trainer Club account.

Will I be able to trade my cards to other players within Pokémon TCG Live?
Players will not be able to trade cards with other players within Pokémon TCG Live.

What will happen to the in-game chat feature in Pokémon TCG Live?
Pokémon TCG Live will not have an integrated chat feature.

Which items will not be able to migrate from the Pokémon TCG Online to Pokémon TCG Live?
Please find below a list of items that will not be migrated from the Pokémon TCG Online to Pokémon TCG Live.

• Any card from the HeartGold & SoulSilver Series or the Call of Legends expansion, including Black Star Promo cards
  • McDonald’s Happy Meal cards
  • Non-foil basic Energy cards from pre-constructed decks
  • Cards from earlier Trainer Kit products that don’t appear in the Black & White, XY, or Sun & Moon Series

Deck Cosmetics
Deck cosmetics that are not associated with a product or promotion from Black & White or later

Unopened Products
Unopened booster packs from the HeartGold & SoulSilver Series or the Call of Legends expansion will not be migrated.

Player Account Data
  • Friends list
  • User-created decks
  • Currency

Also note that banned accounts will not be migrated.

What items will I be able to migrate from the Pokémon TCG Online to Pokémon TCG Live?
Cards
  • All cards from the Black & White, XY, Sun & Moon, and Sword & Shield Series; however, please note that players will see unimplemented cards as owned in Deck Manager, but they will not be accessible to add to decks or play until implemented.

Deck Cosmetics
  • Coins included with preconstructed decks. Note that several Pokémon TCG Online coins share the same art, so all owned Pokémon TCG Online coins will be mapped to a single Pokémon TCG Live coin with same art.

Organized Play
  • 2013–2019 World Championships card sleeves, deck boxes, and coins
  • XY, Sun & Moon, and Sword & Shield Series League card sleeves, deck boxes, and coins
  • XY, Sun & Moon, and Sword & Shield Series incremental products
  • Elite Trainer Box (ETB) card sleeves, deck boxes, and coins
  • Premium Collection card sleeves, deck boxes, and coins. Example: Dragon Majesty Super-Premium Collection.

Unopened Products
  • Unopened Black & White, XY, Sun & Moon, and Sword & Shield Series booster packs, preconstructed decks (expansion and incremental), Build & Battle Boxes, and League reward products will be converted to Pokémon TCG Live in-game currency on migration. Note that there will be a cap on the amount of in-game currency you can receive.
  • Unopened XY and Sun & Moon Series tin products that unlock a 60-card deck in the Pokémon TCG Online will be converted to one copy of that tin's promo card on migration.

Source: https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/sections/360011828611-FAQs
Last edited 20 Sep 2021 10:33 AM by ForumBot
20 Sep 2021 10:36 AM
Sunain Administrator
Not having trading in a Trading Card game app is beyond comprehension. But TPCi isn't known for making good decisions.
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net