Registration Period: Junior Category / Senior Category - Thursday, March 30th, 2017 at 14:00 until Friday, April 28th at 8:59 JST
Master Category: Thursday, March 30th, 2017 at 14:00 until Saturday, April 15th at 8:59 JST
Tournament Period: Junior Category / Senior Category: April 28th, 2017 at 9:00 until May 1st, 2017 at 8:59 JST
Master Category Schedule A: April 15th, 2017 at 9:00 until April 17th, 2017 at 8:59 JST
Master Category Schedule B: April 21st, 2017 at 9:00 until April 23rd, 2017 at 8:59 JST
Master Category Schedule C: April 26th, 2017 at 9:00 until April 28th, 2017 at 8:59 JST
Master Category Schedule D: April 30th, 2017 at 9:00 until May 2nd, 2017 at 8:59 JST
Master Category Schedule E: May 6th, 2017 at 9:00 until May 8th, 2017 at 8:59 JST
Ranking Results Announcement: Late May 2017
Player divisions: Junior Division: Born 2006 or later
Senior: Born on or after January 1st, 2002 til December 31st, 2005.
Masters Division: Born 2001 or earlier
Compatible Games: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon
Battle Type: Double Battle
Banned Pokémon: Players could only use Pokémon No. 01 to 301 from the Alola region Pokédex. Zygarde, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozma, and Magearna could not be used. Pokémon must also be the Alola Form.
|Pokémon Japan Championships 2017 Qualifying is a tournament that decides the best Pokémon trainers in Japan. The results of this competition will determine who gets to compete as a representative of Japan against the world's best Pokémon trainers at the Pokémon World Championships being held in Anaheim, California, USA in August 2017.
The top 50 players in each category will be invited to participate in the PJCS2017 live event. It is not necessary to participate in all five Master Category schedules to earn the right to participate in the live competition in the Master Category. If a player participates in at least three schedules and plays at least 3 games or more in each schedule, the ranking results will be calculated and published.
|• Register four to six of your Pokémon to your Battle Team.
• All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Four of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Team will be chosen to battle in each match.
• Mega Stones are not permitted.
• A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. When a player’s time limit expires, that player will lose the game.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select three Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle.
If a player has not made their selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 9am JST.
• Up to 20 matches in total can be played in each schedule.
|YouTube Promotional Video|