Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 35: ガマガル、マッギョ!水辺の戦い!/Gamagaru, Muggyo! Suihen n...
Thread Posts
20 Apr 2011 12:31 PM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: ガマガル、マッギョ!水辺の戦い!/Gamagaru, Muggyo! Suihen no tatakai!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
12 May 2011 01:20 AM
Adamant Administrator
During the battle with Shootie, Satoshi discovers that Mijumaru's weakness is its inability to hold its eyes open under water. He immediately heads for a pond to train Mijumaru, while leaving his other Pokemon under Iris' supervision, but the training is not successful. While Iris is playing with the Pokemon, waiting for Satoshi to return, Zuruggu headbutts a clump of grass where a Tamagetake is hiding. It gets angry and sprays the Pokemon with Poisonpowder. Being that there's no Pokemon Center nearby, their only solution is to retrieve some herbs from the botton of the lake to cure the poison. Mijumaru goes to retrieve these, but the Gamagaru and Muggyo living in the pond don't take kindly to intruders.
Last edited 12 May 2011 01:33 AM by Adamant
20 May 2011 02:44 PM
Sunain Administrator
This is one of the most original episodes of the series in ages. A double capture plus a capture with a fishing rod. I wish they'd do other things like these in the anime, things they do in the games but haven't done in the anime before instead of the same old story over and over again.
21 May 2011 11:21 AM
Ash is capturing a lot of pokemon this gen. We're only 35 episodes in and he has 8 new pokemon. This is really strange, as back in the DP and AG series Ash would usually only capture a set amount of pokemon and then stop.

They're really making BW more like Kanto where Ash would try to capture a lot. They're treating Iris and Cilan very similar to Misty and Brock as well, with a lot of the same personality traits.

Back in the DP series at this time, Ash used the Misty fishing lure. I'm guessing this region he doesn't have it anymore. Either that or the writers are going out of their way to avoid mentioning old characters, and Misty hasn't actually had a appearance since 2005, so they probably figure there's no point anymore. Iris is too similar at times to Misty anyway.
15 Jun 2011 06:57 AM
Quote From: precita
Ash is capturing a lot of pokemon this gen. We're only 35 episodes in and he has 8 new pokemon. This is really strange, as back in the DP and AG series Ash would usually only capture a set amount of pokemon and then stop.

They're really making BW more like Kanto where Ash would try to capture a lot. They're treating Iris and Cilan very similar to Misty and Brock as well, with a lot of the same personality traits.

I think the explanation is even more simple : they're just getting rid of all the previous gen Pokémon entirely, and by that I mean we're not going to see any of Satoshi's previous Pokémon at all during this series (Pikachu being the only exception of course).

They're doing as if Satoshi had never caught any Pokémon before he came to the Isshu region, and in a way, you're right when you say they're making him like he was in Kanto. That means he probably won't call any Pokémon back for the Pokémon league, at the end of the series. I'm pretty sure he'll only use the Pokémon caught in Best Wishes, which would explain why he's getting so many of them... and I think it's for the best, in a way. He's starting to have so many Pokémon, it would be quite difficult for him to know which one to chose... and we wouldn't be able to see all of them, of course.

That being said, I'll really miss his charizard !

With Best Wishes, the writers decided to make a clear break (and reboot) with the previous series, and looks like they're really serious about that.

Personally, I really liked that episode. Mijumaru is getting stronger and stronger... hope we'll see it evolve (as I absolutely love its evolved forms)!
I was quite surprised to see both Satoshi and Dent getting a Pokémon in the very same episode, especially since I just can't picture Dent with a Muggyo...

Looks like they're really putting a lot of emphasis on character development in this series, which is a very good thing in my opinion. The next episode looks really awesome, by the way.
15 Nov 2011 02:51 PM
I thought it was pretty interesting when they showed Satoshi in the lake with the scenery around him. I don't think they show underwater scenes that much. The Otamaru were pretty funny when they look worried but still had a smile on their face. Honestly I wish he could have caught on of those instead of its evolved form. I didn't think that Maggyo would be living in a lake, since it looks like it is camouflaged for living in a desert. I have to admit it was pretty funny watching Mijumaru getting Tackled by the Otamaru. I'm glad he was able to overcome his fear in the end, though.
It seems like Tamagetake and Morobareru are evil Pokémon, or at the very least overeager to defend themselves. I don't recall any other Pokémon that would use Poisonpowder without being provoked from previous episodes.