orasbanner
Post #1
20 Jul 2011 01:23 PM
Automated Bots

Forum Posts: 1312
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: 決戦ドンバトル!サトシ対アイリス!!/Kessen Don Battle! Satoshi tai Iris!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
Post #2
21 Jul 2011 02:14 AM
Registered Users

Forum Posts: 5
Cant Wait For The Battle!
This post was last edited 19 Aug 2011 06:14 PM by michan
Post #3
11 Aug 2011 07:02 PM
Admin Staff

Forum Posts: 1712
I thought Satoshi was going to win this one the way they let Pikachu endure so long so it was good to see Iris win this. I feel as though a rematch between them will end up being a 3-on-3 which Satoshi will end up winning.

Nyarth's plan seems to get Pikachu as their trump card to help Rocket Gang some how so will have to wait and find out what happens there over the next few episodes.
Post #4
11 Aug 2011 07:15 PM
Admin Staff

Forum Posts: 976
A translation of the Rocket scene, for the convenience of those people having silly ideas that Nyarth getting fired and joining Satoshi and friends is somehow not a ruse:

*The Rockets are studying a map*
Musashi: We are here. The Musical Hall is here.
Kojiro: The Subway Station is here, and the drawbridge is here.
Nyarth: The plan is already in its final stage. There's one more trump card needed for absolute perfection, though.
Musashi: One more trump card? What do you mean?
Nyarth: Just leave it to me.

...yeah, spells it out pretty clearly, doesn't it?
This post was last edited 11 Aug 2011 07:17 PM by Adamant
Post #5
13 Aug 2011 01:50 AM
Banned Users

Forum Posts: 71
Is it possible to say that Iris is the strongest female trainer at only 45 eps into her respective series?

At this point in other sagas, May and Dawn were still beginning trainers, and Misty was losing battles right and left and more or less lost to Ash in Cerulean.

Excadrill alone seems much stronger than any pokemon Misty/May/Dawn ever had.
Post #6
13 Aug 2011 11:38 AM
Admin Staff

Definitely, but she's also the only female trainer who had notable experience prior to the first episode she appeared in, so that's to be expected.
Post #7
19 Aug 2011 07:18 AM
Registered Users

Forum Posts: 336
Quote From: Sunain
I thought Satoshi was going to win this one the way they let Pikachu endure so long so it was good to see Iris win this. I feel as though a rematch between them will end up being a 3-on-3 which Satoshi will end up winning.

I thought so, too. Though I'm a bit disappointed that Satoshi lost, at least I was relieved it wasn't a silly defeat, like in the first episode, against Shootie. Doryuzu is indeed Iris's strongest Pokémon. And what's more, with this victory, Iris really stands out against the other female side-kicks, and she's getting some love from the writers, at least!

And besides the unavoidable 3vs3 rematch, I hope we'll get a full 6vs6 match near the end of the series. I'm also curious about the last gym battle... will it be against Iris, or against the other Gym Leader?

So, a geat episode, and it looks like I'm gonna love the next few episodes... I've always enjoyed Nyarth-centered episode quite a lot, but those looks really original and unique. Besides, rarely had Nyarth played such an important role in the series. Looks like the writers are really trying not to forget to give some character development to everyone, which is a really good thing in my opinion. It really makes the overall story much more enjoyable, a bit less predictable, and less a repeat of previous series plots. So, I'm really looking forward to those next few episodes.

I should also add that the series's pace has quite considerable slowed down, as opposed to the beginning of the series, where Satoshi got badges faster than all previous series (except the first one, maybe). It's now been while since they started heading toward that next city... :)
This post was last edited 19 Aug 2011 07:20 AM by Chance
Post #8
19 Aug 2011 09:36 PM
Admin Staff

I'm not yet at that point in the games, but isn't Shaga the Gym Leader in White too, he just allows his apprentice Iris to battle you for the badge instead of doing it himself?

If that's the case, I can see that happening in the anime, too.
Post #9
20 Aug 2011 02:45 PM
Registered Users

Forum Posts: 336
I played Pokémon White, and as far as I can remember, Iris IS the gym leader, not a mere apprentice (actually, it doesn't change much, since both leaders have the exact same Pokémon). But yeah, I'm pretty sure Iris will become a gym leader by the end of the series, at the conlusion of her training as Dragon Master with Satoshi and Dent.

That sure would make for one epic battle for the last gym, that's for sure.
This post was last edited 20 Aug 2011 02:46 PM by Chance
Post #10
04 Dec 2011 10:10 PM
Admin Staff

Forum Posts: 1712
The English dub was a lot more accurate than the last episode but the added French was extremely annoying especially how poorly it was pronounced. I was pleasantly surprised that they left 'Best Wishes Instrumental' in the English dub. I thought for sure that wouldn't make it through the international licensing agreements for BGM.

Link to Edits: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1285#Edits
Post #11
05 Dec 2011 04:45 PM
Registered Users

Forum Posts: 96
I thought it was kind of expected that Pikachu lose since Doryuzu had a type advantage (both resisting Pikachu's Iron Tail and not being affected by his Electric-type attacks). Not to mention Pikachu has a weakness to Ground. However I think it was very realistic how they showed Pikachu could still hang in there for a long time. It was a good battle and I wonder if Iris will ever use the Wings that she won. Her Doryuzu also had a lot of experience before, which just goes to show how strong Pikachu is.
This was a pretty cool battle and a nice end to the Don Battles episodes.
Affiliates:

Pokemon Valhalla
LegendaryPokemon.net
Pokemon-Paradijs.com
Entra in PokemonTimes.it !
Pokemon Research and Dvelopment - Project Pokemon
thePokeCommunity
Official Stores:
Pokemon Center Official Site
Pokemon Center Online Official Site
Pokemon Center Store
Official Sites:
Pokemon Official Site
Pokemon Official Japanese Site
Official Site
Japanese TCG Official Site
Pokenchi Official Site
Validators:
Valid XHTML!
Valid CSS 3

News Feeds:
Follow PM.net on Twitter
Follow PM.net via RSS
©2002-2020 PocketMonsters.net
Version 5.1778
Rendered in: 0.00959s Queries: 6

Pokémon, all assorted characters, images and audio are ©GAME FREAK, Nintendo, Creatures, TV Tokyo, ShoPro and The Pokémon Company.
All images, text and audio are used in an editorial context. No site content, information, translations, news, images or otherwise may be reposted to any website without expression permission from the staff.
Current logos by: Juno
Working!