The Pokémon Company International has announced the Pokémon Day 2017 festivities for the United States. It should be an exciting day for all fans of the franchise. It was also revealed that a new line of Pokémon Gallery Figures
will be heading exclusively to the United States Pokémon Center website on Pokémon Day. A special Pikachu
will also be appearing in Pokémon Go wearing a party hat to celebrate Pokémon Day.
Celebrate Pokémon Day on February 27
Pokémon Day is February 27, commemorating the launch of the very first Pokémon games in Japan way back in 1996. To celebrate the milestone, several events and promotions are planned, leading up through the big day! The fun starts at the #PokemonDay social hub
, where we will be updating a gallery of your Pokémon photo memories. Use the hashtag #PokemonDay to share your best Pokémon moments.
- Pikachu is ready to lead the Pokémon Day celebration in Pokémon GO. From February 26 at 1:00 p.m. PST to March 6 at 1:00 p.m. PST, any Pikachu you encounter in the wild will be wearing a festive party hat! The Pikachu you catch during that time will keep its party hat forever, so be sure to look for this special Pikachu during its short time in the wild.
- Pokémon Day marks the debut of the new Gallery Figures collection in the Pokémon Center. The first set includes awesome figures of Eevee, Mew, Magikarp, and Pikachu—each performing its signature attack. These figures were designed specifically for the Pokémon Center, so this is the first time anyone will be able to get their hands on them.
- Starting on Pokémon Day, revisit some of the best big-screen moments of Ash and his friends with a movie marathon on Pokémon TV. For a limited time, watch the original classic Pokémon: The First Movie, as well as Pokémon 4Ever and Pokémon—Zoroark: Master of Illusions in their entirety. Remember that you can watch Pokémon TV here on Pokemon.com and on the Pokémon TV mobile apps. But these movies will be available for only a limited time, so don't miss them!
- The Pokémon Trading Card Game Online is starting its Pokémon Day festivities early, with extra Trainer Tokens available on the Bonus Wheel for the entire week leading up to Pokémon Day. Then, be sure to log in to your game on Pokémon Day for an extra-special Daily Bonus. Remember that you can play the Pokémon TCG Online on your computer, iPad, or Android tablet. Battle today and through Pokémon Day for bigger rewards!
- Don't forget that right now you can head to your local participating GameStop store to get a Bottle Cap for your Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon video game. This item lets you boost the individual strength of one of your Pokémon's stats via Hyper Training, making the Pokémon even more ready for your next big battle! Bottle Cap codes will be available at GameStop until March 5.
- Pikachu lends its brilliant features to the new Pikachu Yellow Edition New Nintendo 3DS XL. This limited-edition New Nintendo 3DS XL is launching just a couple of days before Pokémon Day, and it's sure to be popular, so check it out while you can. Visit
the product page on Nintendo.com for more details.
- If you're looking for even more Pokémon animation fun for your Pokémon Day celebrations, you can find Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel on the iTunes Store, Google Play, and Amazon Video on February 27. Plus, check out a special Pokémon the Series: Gold & Silver TV episode bundle featuring Ash's adventures throughout the Johto region. With this collection of episodes and the latest Pokémon movie, you'll be ready to host the perfect Pokémon Day party!
- Pokémon Day is a good reminder that big promotions are going on in Pokémon Shuffle, too. The popular Nintendo 3DS game
is celebrating two years of challenging fans with puzzle fun. Take a look at the in-game notifications to get more details on these upcoming opportunities.
- Head to Twitch.tv/Pokemon for an all-day celebration of Pokémon competitions, showing many of the most memorable matches from the Pokémon TCG, video games, and Pokkén Tournament from the past several years. See your favorite players from around the globe as we broadcast epic Championship battles,
including some from recent Pokémon World Championships.
Pikachu Parties in Pokémon GO!
Keep your eye out for a special Pikachu wearing a party hat to celebrate Pokémon Day! Pikachu is ready to lead the Pokémon Day celebration in Pokémon GO. From February 26 at 1:00 p.m. PST to March 6 at 1:00 p.m. PST, any Pikachu you encounter in the wild will be wearing a festive party hat! The Pikachu you catch during that time will keep its party hat forever, so be sure to look for this special Pikachu during its short time in the wild.
Put Your Favorite Pokémon on Display
The new Gallery Figures collection launches in the Pokémon Center on Pokémon Day.
Pokémon fans will definitely want to take a look at the new Gallery Figures collection coming to the Pokémon Center on Pokémon Day, February 27. These high-quality figures were created for the Pokémon Center in the United States, meaning this is the first time they have ever been available anywhere in the world.
The first four Gallery Figures depict some well-known Pokémon as they perform an attack: Mew using Psychic, Eevee using Swift, Magikarp using Splash, and Pikachu using its iconic Thunderbolt attack. Each figure is mounted on the same size base, making it easy to put them on display. Plus, this is only the first set of Gallery Figures planned for launch in the Pokémon Center—check back throughout the year for details on upcoming collectibles.
Check out the Pokémon Gallery Figures collection on February 27 in the Pokémon Center!