Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Unova Episodes / BW 68: アフロでGO!バッフロンはNO!!/Afro de GO! Buffron wa NO...
Thread Posts
16 Feb 2011 03:00 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: アフロでGO!バッフロンはNO!!/Afro de GO! Buffron wa NO!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
16 Feb 2012 07:21 PM
Sunain Administrator
Worst Best Wishes episode to date. The 'only' redeeming thing to come out of this was the Pokabu/Mijumaru missle but the rest of the episode was boring, poor story and really had no bearing on the series as a whole.

I cannot see this episode airing in the United States without there being controversy as the episode was based on the Bufflon not liking people that don't look like them, aka have afro looking hair. With afro's being closely linked to African American's, I can see how this could be an issue as it *could* indicate that African American's aren't tolerant of people that are different than them.

Last edited 16 Feb 2012 09:04 PM by Sunain
23 Feb 2012 06:20 AM
This episode wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Granted, it was quite silly, and was of a pure 'filler lineage'. Definitely not the best episode in this series, though they've done much worse than this ine the previous ones. And quite frankly, I found the Bufflon so utterly stupid in this episode...

However, the next episode looks fantastic, and I really can't wait to see it. I'm always excited at the prospect of an episode focused on Dent, but this episode really looks like really fantastic. I believe I've never been looking forward to an episode so much as this one.

Quote From: "Sunain"
I cannot see this episode airing in the United States without there being controversy as the episode was based on the Bufflon not liking people that don't look like them, aka have afro looking hair. With afro's being closely linked to African American's, I can see how this could be an issue as it *could* indicate that African American's aren't tolerant of people that are different than them.

Well, I would be a bit surprised if this happened, but then again, that would be a rather silly controversy for an equally silly episode.
Last edited 23 Feb 2012 06:24 AM by Chance
23 Feb 2012 07:18 PM
ivantuga2 Administrator
After watching this episode, I'll just have to say this: the forest's Buffron were IDIOTS! I mean, just because someone wears an afro, they're somehow untouchable (even when they can well see that the "intruders" are clearly different Pokémon/humans), yet without that thing they're the worst enemies?.
... That, or they just are so used to seeing afros in each other's heads that they become enraged when they see anyone without them. *End of overreaction*

And yeah, after reading the other people's negative opinions on this episode, I somehow was able to enjoy this episode, though not much. The highlight for me was definitely the Pokabu-Mijumaru-Tsutarja combination in the second half of the episode to get the plants up high in a cliff. They must have been very smart to pull off something like that.
Last edited 23 Feb 2012 07:24 PM by ivantuga2
10 Mar 2012 08:12 PM
Quote From: Chance
Granted, it was quite silly, and was of a pure 'filler lineage'.

I agree. It seemed like just a comedy. It was nice to see Pokabu and Mijumaru settle their differences, and I agree that the cannon was pretty cool. But still, it was Tsutarja who made them get along with each other, and not either one of them who wanted to do it.
The concept of Buffron attacking those with hairstyles different from theirs was pretty ridiculous, but it was good to see Iris help the injured one.
This episode just made me like Tsutarja even more. She really has character, as seen when she refused to wear the afro until it couldn't be helped. And she was the one who made Pokabu and Mijumaru get along with each other.