Home / Forums / Anime Discussion / Diamond and Pearl Episodes / DP 160: 燃えよカビゴン!ポケスロンの王者!!/Moe yo Kabigon! Pokéthl...
Thread Posts
21 Jan 2010 03:00 AM
AnimeBot Automated Bots
New episode title(s) has/have been added to the database. Title: 燃えよカビゴン!ポケスロンの王者!!/Moe yo Kabigon! Pokéthlon no ōja!!. Please comment below! Thanks, your friendly PM.Net AnimeBot
21 Jan 2010 06:32 PM
Sunain Administrator
This was a real let down episode. I was hoping that it would be good and that they could finally replace Contests with the Pokethlon. The fact Pikachu was beat by a Kabigon in terms of speed is unrealistic. An unfortunate let down.
Administrator of PocketMonsters.net
07 Feb 2010 09:05 PM
bgt Administrator
Sorry, obese people (i.e. Kabigon) cannot outrun skinny people (i.e. Pikachu). Try again.
08 Feb 2010 08:24 PM
Well, given that the Pok
17 Feb 2010 06:59 AM
first comment here yeah:)

i'm sorry but this was hands down one of the most unrealistic (in pokemon terms anyways) episode ever, the animation was good and i agree with both bgt and sunain in the point about the Kabigon beating pikachu in terms of speed. A pokemon that known for two things it speed and well thunderbolt.
Big thumbs down!!
Last edited 25 Mar 2010 04:17 PM by jamizes223
21 Jun 2010 07:21 PM
Sunain Administrator
I did a comparison for this episode. I found the name of the machine in the dub to be quite interesting considering they didn't really name it in the Japanese version.

http://www.pocketmonsters.net/episodes/1029#Edits
22 Jun 2010 01:34 AM
Quote From: Sunain
This was a real let down episode. I was hoping that it would be good and that they could finally replace Contests with the Pokethlon. The fact Pikachu was beat by a Kabigon in terms of speed is unrealistic. An unfortunate let down.

How could they replace Contest with Pokethlon mid-region? Dawn's story wasn't even over yet at this point of DP.

I also doubt the Pokethlon would have become anywhere near as popular as Contests were when they debuted back in AG.
22 Jun 2010 08:15 AM
Sunain Administrator
Quote From: precita
How could they replace Contest with Pokethlon mid-region? Dawn's story wasn't even over yet at this point of DP.

Well I didn't mean right away during the current episodes. Obviously Dawn's ribbon collection and the Grand Festival needed to be completed. I was hoping after that story was complete but the episode in general was a bit of a letdown unfortunately that I don't see them implementing Pokethlons in anymore episodes.
24 Feb 2011 12:16 PM
Erlade Administrator
Characters in Episode: Current Episode Guide Info Correct? [Yes]
Satoshi, Hikari, Takeshi, Satoshi's Pikachu, Hikari's Pochama, Yuta, Yuta's Kabigon, Kojiro, Nyarth, Musashi, Yuta's Sawamular, Satoshi's Moukazaru, Musashi's Sonans, Kojiro's Manene, Musashi's Megayanma, Satoshi's Mukuhawk

Pokémon in Episode: Current Episode Guide Info Correct? [Yes]
Poster advertising Pokéthlon: Nyula, Eipam, Granbull, Balkie, Nuoh, Miltank, Nyorotono, Denryu, Himeguma, Ringuma, Doble, Heracros, Elekid
Boopig (unnamed trainer's), Manyula (unnamed trainer's), Sleep (unnamed trainer's), Mankey (unnamed trainer's), Charem (unnamed trainer's), Konohana (unnamed trainer's), Baneboo (unnamed trainer's), Casey (unnamed trainer's), Goriky (unnamed trainer's), Skunpoo (unnamed trainer's), Buby (unnamed trainer's), Luxio (unnamed trainer's), Glacia (unnamed trainer's)

Pokémon Attacks used in Episode:
- Musashi's Megayanma: Steel Wing

Episode Location: Pokéthlon Stadium / Tsubaki Town

Episode Highlights:
- Satoshi and his friends continue traveling towards Asatsuki Town for Hikari's next Pokémon but on their way there, they see a trampoline set up in the forest. Pikachu and Pochama start jumping on it, but suddenly, a Kabigon comes out of nowhere and starts jumping on the trampoline too. Seconds later, Kabigon's trainer, Yuta, appears and introduces himself to the group.
- Our heroes follow Yuta to his lab, where he tells them everything about the Pokéthlon and the way he's practicing using scientific means in order to take part in the competition.
- Yuta and Satoshi both register in order to take part in the Pokéthlon tournament. Seeing as Pikachu and Kabigon are a little tired, Satoshi and Yuta decide to let them have a massage by a disguised Rocket Gang before the third round of the tournament begins.
- Both Satoshi and Yuta manage to earn the highest score in the first round of the Pokéthlon tournament, which consisted of the Disc Catch challenge.
- In order to be able to compete in the third round, Satoshi and Yuta rush to get their Pokémon back, but they find out that the massage business was a trap set by Rocket Gang so that they could steal Satoshi's Pikachu and Yuta's Kabigon. With the help of Yuta's Kabigon, though, Rocket Gang's plan fails and Satoshi manages to get his Pikachu back.
- Having gotten their Pokémon back, both Satoshi and Yuta rush back to the stadium in order to compete in the third round.
- After an intensive hurdle race, Kabigon manages to emerge victorious against Satoshi's Pikachu, and Yuta wins the first place at the Tsubaki Pokéthlon Tournament.

Eyecatch info:
- first one: Satoshi, Hikari, Takeshi, Satoshi's Pikachu (the one where Satoshi throws the monster ball)
- second one: Hikari, Satoshi, Takeshi, Hikari's Pochama (the one where Hikari holds the pink Pokémon Zukan)

Number of Times Team Rocket Blasted off in the episode: One. Timestamp: 16:33-16:47.

Team Rocket Balloon Enhancements: Mechanical Arms Enhancement.
Screenshot can be seen here: http://www.pocketmonsters.net/imageboard/thread/2212. Timestamp: 16:10.

Did Team Rocket use a Mecha in the episode?: No.

Did Team Rocket use a motto variation in the episode?: Yes.
[Japanese - translation]
Musashi: 'We hear a voice asking, "What on Earth is... ?!"'
Kojiro: 'And run away at the speed of light!'
Musashi: 'Oh, the wind!'
Kojiro: 'Oh, the earth!'
Nyarth: 'Oh, the sky!'
Musashi: 'Tell the world, it's a massage!'
Kojiro: 'The heart of finger pressure therapies is the PokéHeart!'
Musashi: 'Moxa or needles, if you relax...'
Kojiro: '...you'll feel the fascinating relief of your body's relaxation as well.'
Musashi: 'Musashi!'
Kojiro: 'Kojiro!'
Nyarth: 'And it's Nyarth!'
Musashi: 'We are the heroes of the era!'
Kojiro: 'We are the invincible...'
All: '...Rocket Gang!'
[Sonans and Manene appear at the end of the motto.]

[English]
Jessie: 'Out of this world, that's how we roll.'
James: 'Being grounded can take its toll.'
Jessie: 'On the wind!'
James: 'Past the stars!'
Meowth: 'Heart and soul!'
Jessie: 'Bringing chaos at a breakneck pace.'
James: 'Dashing all hope, putting fear in its place.'
Jessie: 'Magic fingers bring calming and joy.'
James: 'But not to a certain twerpish boy.'
Jessie: 'Jessie!'
James: 'And James!'
Meowth: 'Meowth's the name!'
Jessie: 'You do-gooders sure are uptight.'
James: 'We're Team Rocket.'
All: 'Wanna fight?'
[Wobbuffet and Mime Jr. appear at the end of the motto.]

Episode Extras: [Japanese version] Professor Okido's Great Pokémon Examination. Theme: Yukinooh.
(Question: What is Yukinooh also known as due to using various Ice moves?
Answer: The Ice Monster.)
Last edited 24 Feb 2011 12:51 PM by Erlade